Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M3 S54 Cooling System Hi-Temp O-ring Kits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by su45 View Post
    Is Viton unsuitable for colder climates then? In the Great Lakes, it routinely gets into the negative degrees F in the winter. Not that I'd be driving my M3 in those conditions, but unheated garages can definitely dip below 5°F. Can the material rebound from repeatedly cycling down below its low temperature limit, or is it permanently compromised if it has spent time under its limit?
    Good question. Viton cold temperature range is approx -15 F compared to Buna which is approx -30 F. Depending on which article you read the temperature ratings vary and that article's rating is on the conservative side. One of the benefits of Viton vs Buna (other than being able to withstand higher temperatures) is it's resistant to compression set. How many times have you seen flat Buna O-rings that do not seal anymore? Since using the Viton and Hi-Temp Silicone O-rings I've taken my cooling system apart several times and reused them with NO issues and my Power Steering and SMG reservoirs no longer leak from the caps. I've sold approx 60 of these Hi-Temp O-ring kits and not a single issue. Some of the O-rings in the kit are slightly thicker than the OE ones which in turn should provide a better seal.

Here is a few different charts showing the different temperature ratings between Viton and Buna. Safe to say Viton can withstand approx -15 degrees fahrenheit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	High-Performance-Viton-O-Rings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.5 KB ID:	63912
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 10-23-2020, 04:19 PM.
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
    Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
    Evolve Eventuri
    - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Bump...
      Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Bump....
        Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Bump...
          Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Free bump for a small business 👍

Sweet deal here.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
              Free bump for a small business 👍

Sweet deal here.
              Thanks....😀
              Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 02-05-2021, 01:41 PM.
              Evolve Eventuri

Comment

*sigh* take my money.

Comment

I'll take a set, paypal sent

Comment

I got funds from both of you I do believe. Brian and Richard.
                    Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Any chance you want to make a S65 oring kit?

Comment

bump

Comment

Thanks for putting this together! I'm sure this will save me hours of searching time. I plan to order a kit soon.
                          I’m in the middle of an engine rebuild, so I wanted to know about engine internal o-rings. I’m looking for an opinion on which orings need replaced, which of OEM/Viton/Silicone, and where to order non-OEM. I ordered from theoringstore for my CPV repair before, but they don't have some of these large sizes in Viton/Silicone.
                          I'm doing a full engine rebuild, so I recognize most of these are not for everyone.

Lastly, could you provide OEM part number equivalents for the kit? I’m living off RealOEM diagrams right now and that would be very helpful!

Comment

Purchased!!

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
                            2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
                            My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                              Good to have since OEM cooling hoses from CRP (Rein) have, reportedly, weak orings.
                              Agreed. I've had several Rein hoses fail over the years, and all of them at the o-ring. The last failure was on my 2005 L322. I pulled the (Rein) o-ring out, grabbed the 5 yr old BMW hose that came off a year earlier, compared the o-rings, the Rein o-ring was flat on one side, the BMW o-ring (5 years old) was fine, so I put the 5year old BMW o-ring in the 1 year old Rein hose and it worked fine. Doing my cooling system now. BMW Upper and Lower hoses are on B/O with FCP so I ordered Rein. I also ordered (and received) the o-ring kit from Wolfn8tr.

Comment

PayPal sent

Comment

Working...
                                X