Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 of 2 Interlagos on Individual White (no affiliation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the current owner I'm happy to provide some background for you on this. First, the color combo was gorgeous on BaT and it was spectacular in person. My opinion of course. This was a 1 owner car, and literally one person had ever been in this car. The leather is beautiful whether you like white or not.

It's interesting how some see the final price from BaT and see the asking price and assume that's the money that's being made. Sorry, that's not how it works. $63,900 was a "shoot for the stars" number but it's at least a starting point for conversations with the right buyer. I never expect to sell a car for asking price. This car caters to a specific person. I'm 100% a production numbers guy. This car was purely an impulse buy because of the "1 of 2" designation, 1 owner history, and it checked all my favorite boxes with options (slicktop, no nav, 6MT). You've all seen the BaT ad, the car had spare parts, a few mods, and the situation as a whole with the owner passing away and the widow selling (via family friend) was a unique one. When I got the car, I took it back to 100% stock. This car deserved that. But with all things said and done there were still a few things that needed addressing. My asking price was based on ME taking care of all of those items. But they were also items that I feel the new buyer would want control over, so I didn't take care of them and would leave them as negotiation points.

I'm not going to get into the specifics of pricing, but I have every single penny accounted for on this car from BaT fees down to my last gas receipt. Timing is obviously the worst with the pandemic. The first offer I received was in the neighborhood of the auction because they were familiar with the auction. After a couple weeks of negotiation we were on the same page because I was fully transparent with the guy. I came down a lot more than he went up but it was a number that was fair to both of us. In the end, I'm out just over $1K from my breakeven number. Deposit was received yesterday, car will be sold on Tuesday.

Small price to pay to enjoy this car for 18 months. 560 miles, but it was certainly enjoyed regardless of what anyone thinks. Car was never intended to be a flip. The E46 M3 is my favorite M model and I think the future is going to be a beautiful thing for clean examples of this car. I'll probably regret selling this one, but I picked up two other E46 M3's that I wanted to toy with and of the cars in the garage, this one made the most sense to dump because financially I can't keep it and get two other E46 M3's.

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
    Seems like he’s owned the car for 18 months and enjoyed his time with it and is ready to move on.
    BINGO! This guy gets it 100%.

Comment

Working...
    X