Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeler: '06 Interlagos, Competition Pkg, 6MT + slicktop ('stripper')

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler: '06 Interlagos, Competition Pkg, 6MT + slicktop ('stripper')

I'm leaning heavily towards keeping this car, but if the right person comes along who appreciates this car as much as I do--I would consider letting go of it. I currently have the strong urge to purchase a Raptor...in my adult life (18+) I have only owned BMW M3s. I'm thinking maybe it's time to try something new...maybe not. I purchased this car ~1.5yrs ago, which may not seem like a long time, but it's the longest I have ever owned a single car.

In my opinion, this is the best US spec'd E46 M3. Which is why I'm leaning heavily towards keeping it (I know I won't be able to find another).
    - Zero options apart from Competition package, and Interlagos Blue. This means: slicktop, manual seats, no ugly PDR sensors, no ugly roof antenna, no ugly headlight washers.
    - 2006, last month of production ... car was special ordered and delivered new to the BMW performance center in SC.

I have every piece of documentation ever administered for the car. Yes. This includes the original pre-delivery inspection sheet. The dealer receipt for the car's first ever oil change. The original window sticker, the list goes on and on.

Key maintenance items:
    - Rod Bearings / ARP rod bolts
    - Lower milage LCI engine sourced from clean donor, completely resealed, perfect leak down/compression
    - The most comprehensive VANOS job you've ever heard of, starting with a brand new NOS VANOS unit from Germany, then all of the Beisan parts
    - Subframe reinforced by Lang Racing (lifetime warranty)
    - Every single piece of rubber has been replaced on this car with OE units, with the exception of the subframe bushings (AKG 95A)

Exterior:
    - European front bumper
    - Fresh OE headlight lenses + gaskets
    - CSL rear diffuser
    - Recently paint corrected and ceramic coated using GTechniq crystal serum light + EXO V5

Interior:
    - All soft-touch trim is brand new (OE)
    - Euro center console (OE)
    - Fresh ZCP/CSL steering wheel (OE)
    - Fresh A/B/C pillar trim (OE)
    - ZHP shift boot (OE)
    - Tall weighted shift knob (OE)

Modifications:
    - BimmerWorld Headers, ceramic coated
    - Dinan muffler
    - HTE dyno-tune (321whp/250tq)
    - Eibach Pro-Street S Coilovers
    - Eibach front sway bar + bushings
    - BimmerWorld end links
    - AKG 95A subframe bushings
    - Squared rear style-67 wheels
    - Michelin Pilot Sport 4s 265/35 squared (sub-5k miles)
    - 82mm wheel studs

This is my fourth E46 M3...this is my 15th M3. I can confidently say that this is one of the better sorted E46s I have ever driven. There are zero squeaks/rattles. There is zero play in the steering wheel. As for the imperfections, cosmetically just rock chips. Quarter window seals are old, have not gotten around to replacing. Zero scratches, dents, etc. Interior wise, slight wear on driver's bolster. Passenger seat presents as new. Milage wise, the car has ~167k (subject to increase). To me, that is merely a number as any item that can wear on the car has been replaced preemptively. I intend on refreshing the differential/axles next...while they're not leaking and work perfectly fine, those are the only two items that have not been refreshed yet.

I am unsure regarding price. Maybe you guys can chime in. I don't really need the money, and would be more than happy to hold onto the car. More so posting this to see if anyone out there absolutely NEEDS this car, just as I did when I first saw it listed on craigslist nearly two years ago.

Attached is my build journal, all of the nuances are listed in great detail over there:
    After months of searching, I finally found an E46 that met all of my (extremely narrow) criteria. Many told me I would never find such a spec, much less within the confines of my budget, but I got lucky. A friend sent me a craigslist link to the car early in the week and that weekend I was on a flight from LAX to Sacramento to
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cornerbalanced; 04-01-2024, 09:29 AM.

She's an absolute beauty. I know you're not sure what to price her at. I think you need to try and either, BAT it, give it a tentative price, or park her in my garage

Comment

Working...
    X