Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1997 BMW M3, Alpine White on Magma, ['Dinan' badge car] - $9.5k

Hello all,

This car fell into my lap a little while ago. Although it's a blast to drive, I'm looking to shift my focus towards a '95 Dakar/Daytona Violet E36 OR and E46 M3. I would like to be as transparent about this car as possible. Although it runs and drives fairly well, it is not perfect. Please see the list below for more details.

Car:
    1997 BMW M3 with dealer installed Dinan Stage II package
    193,xxx miles
    5-speed manual
    Alpine White on Magma interior
    CA & NM car since new, absolutely zero rust
    0 accidents, or damage reported on CarFax

Modifications -- everything installed in period:
    Dinan Stage II package (tune, exhaust, intake)
    Dinan front shock tower brace
    Dinan rear strut tower brace
    Dinan carbon fiber engine cover
    Dinan (?) SSK
    Bilstein suspension
    Turner Swaybars
    'Sebring' exhaust
    Slotted front rotors, drilled rear rotors
    OEM ZHP 5-speed shift knob & Alcantara shift boot

Cons:
    The car has several dents, the biggest of which is on the driver's door which I'm assured can be pulled via. PDR
    The front and rear bumper, along with the rear wing could benefit from a respray, the rest of the paint is in great condition ... unsure if it's been resprayed?
    Most rubber gaskets (rear window seals, quarter window trim chief among them) have started to crack
    The flat-black trim piece that runs on top of the windows (roof-molding?) is starting to chip
    Rear bumper is sagging on one side
    ABS & Airbag light are on (unsure why, will attempt to fix this weekend -- I'm sure it's something minor)
    The passenger seat has one crack, the driver's seat has two major cracks/tears, the rear bench seat has one crack/tear
    Dinan intake is currently missing -- I ordered a new one from Dinan that should arrive any day now.

Otherwise, this car is complete, even down to a full toolkit. Runs solid, shifts solid, clutch feels as it should, the steering feels as it should (not the greatest coming from an E90 M3 haha), etc etc. I'm sure this car can benefit from some bushings, some gaskets, etc. Not trying to sugar coat anything. Looking for $9,500 OBO, looking throughout the forums and autotemptest I noticed it was difficult to find an E36 M3 with a clean title, and sub-200k miles for under $10k. The added bonus of this car is that it does not have any rust, and comes with some neat NLA Dinan goodies (engine covers along sell for ~$1,400). Please feel free to prove me wrong though. I'm looking for a fair deal above all else, not trying to "get one over" on anybody. Pictures can be found below, please reach out for any more pictures, videos, information, etc. My cell is (443) 221-9100.

Working...
X