E36 M3 rear shock mount repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 M3 rear shock mount repair

[ I would have posted this under the "e36 Parts For Sale/Want to Buy", but I didn't see a New Topic button... If an admin can move it, I would appreciate it. ]

Hey, folks. I'm really hoping somebody can help me out. I have a 1998 E36 M3 sedan. As typical with that body, the rear shock mount metal has fatigued and cracked. I have been able to secure a rear right shock mount repair panel but I cannot seem to find a left repair panel anywhere through any of the typical parts providers. Does anybody know anyone who might have one? I prefer to have that welded in then have to go the custom welding route. Thank you!

Needed: Shock absorber mount repair panel - Left (driver) side. Mfg#: 41148169027​

Looks like the best option right now is ECS/Turner with october delivery. Have you tried a local dealership to see what their timeline is?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion 3staxontheradio​. I originally did order it from ECS/Turner in July of 2023 and was told it was back ordered until November. In November they modified the availability to January 2024. In January 2024 they told me they couldn't get it and cancelled the order. Local BMW dealer checked the BMWUSA parts network and found nothing in the US. 😞

P.S. Sorry for the delayed reply

Comment

Working...
      X