This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

M Tex is probably a step above speed cloth. There is a different cloth interior (impulse cloth) that came if you didn't option leather, that's much crappier feeling than the M Tex... and fairly similar to the speed cloth.
    Sheesh, that's atrocious indeed. At least Speed Cloth has a center stitching to add some texture. I agree with M-Tex being a higher end cloth finish than Speed.
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 10-13-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Those photos making me fall in love with my mtex all over again damn. Looks to be in really good shape. Props.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
        Those photos making me fall in love with my mtex all over again damn. Looks to be in really good shape. Props.
        It needs love - Lightroom is cheating!

Comment

Can someone comment on “fitment” of the seats mentioned above: Conbra, PP and CS for a 5.11 230lb person?

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
            Can someone comment on “fitment” of the seats mentioned above: Conbra, PP and CS for a 5.11 230lb person?
            You’ll be fine in a Nogaro or CS. I’ve never sat in an ABE, so can’t comment.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Welcome to the club, cool color. Why do people dog on supercharged E46s?
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

M Tex is probably a step above speed cloth. There is a different cloth interior (impulse cloth) that came if you didn't option leather, that's much crappier feeling than the M Tex... and fairly similar to the speed cloth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	49729220396_7d47db701b_b.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	131679
                Boooooo I love my Impuls seats, super comfortable IMO and wouldn’t trade them for any color leather, M-Tex is another story, that’s the grail

Comment

PY on M texture is so sexy and sporty. Im jelly
                  2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                  2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I said congrats on FB but congrats again!

Welcome to the "sounds like bees dying" club.
                    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                    2005 BMW ///M3
                    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                      I said congrats on FB but congrats again!

Welcome to the "sounds like bees dying" club.
                      Thanks dude!

Legitimately, people make such a bigger deal about this than they should. It has what I believe to be a Magnaflow exhaust on it right now, and it isn’t bad at all.

Exhaust sound is for by standers, I drive windows up and induction noise is my jam.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                        Welcome to the club, cool color. Why do people dog on supercharged E46s?
                        In my personal case, I have other go fast toys. I want the signature induction noise and Obioban has me convinced on NA potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                          Why do people dog on supercharged E46s?
                          The oft repeated complaints are track related with respect to difficulty cooling (I'm sure there is truth), other than that everything else is subjective since as best I can tell, and feel, the power is still quite linear. HP to dollars was the decider for me when I went FI. Anecdotal of course but I'm at 9k miles on my SC and zero problems but I don't track the car.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Plans for a GB on Nogaros or CS?

You’ll be fine in a Nogaro or CS. I’ve never sat in an ABE, so can’t comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
                              Plans for a GB on Nogaros or CS?

PP ABEs have a good deal right now via Tainik on EuroConnex right here.

Comment

Hey gents!

I've been driving and listing what will be needed to start the restoration and some upgrades on the PY.

The current list for the restoration project:
                                • Rear link kits
                                • Driver window seal (I read this might be a window regulator bolt that's loose?)
                                • Rear LED light covers, trims and turn signal bulb (obviously!)
                                • A & C pillar
                                • Ash tray cover and radio mounting bracket
                                • Auto dimming mirror is damaged and needs to be repaired
                                • All interior trims
                                • Steering wheel & ZCP wheel trim
                                • Shift knob, booth and ebrake booth
                                • Front seats reupholstered to M-Text (OE or Recaro PP ABE, still debating)
                                • Paint needs to be fully corrected and edges re-cleared, sanded and polished.
                                I will start removing the Supercharger next week, along with the header-back magnaflow exhaust, the lightweight flywheel and race clutch and the 19" Beyern wheels. These will all be for sale.

----

I have a question: can the OEM multi-function steering wheel be converted to a single button ZCP by fitting the ZCP trims? Does it require coding?

----

Modifications wise, this is still up to debate and discussions. My goal is to create a classic, OEM+ sunday backroad fun car.

I'm currently thinking:
                                • CSL front bumper, roof, trunk and diffuser
                                • CSL center console
                                • CSL airbox
                                • CSL wheels reimagined in 1 piece forged
                                • Gloss 1x1 Carbon Trims
                                • Alcantara Touch Points
                                • Supersprint 63.5mm complete kit with Sport Muffler & Resonated Center Section
                                • I am debating CSL brakes or a BBK upgrade.
                                • I am debating retrofitting an EDC type suspension. More info to come on this.
                                • Lightweight carbon forged flywheel with OEM clutch
                                Last edited by Epoustouflant; 11-08-2021, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X