Limited Group Buy: M-Technic Steering Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Group Buy: M-Technic Steering Wheels

Update 20/10 : This got filled to 10/10. I asked Tainik if he can do 5x more.
    Update 20/10 PM: 5x extra got approved, and filled. The GB is closed!
    ----
    Hey gents!

I'm starting off the E46 M3 project with this one. The OE leather steering wheel is shot and it feels like a great opportunity to upgrade to an Alcantara one.

I was able to negotiate a 15% off discount on 10x steering wheels with Tainik @ M-Technic.

MSRP (MT) : 549$ US + shipping

Available in Genuine Alcantara, Nappa (Perforated or Plain) Leather.
    MT and SMG applications.
    Various stitching customization options.
    Hand made in Germany using OE BMW core

Link to participate.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 10-20-2021, 01:25 PM.

In. Just sent a join request

Comment

Am I missing something, or what do you mean by perforated? The nappa leather option pictures on your site look solid, not perforated (not that I mind, I think solid looks great). How much thicker is this than stock? And I assume discount on 10x steering wheels means the GB is limited to 10 or is it the minimum for GB price?

Edit: nvm on the last question just saw the title says limited.
      Last edited by sina; 10-19-2021, 11:46 AM.
      2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Possible to get in 9002 to match oem?

Comment

Originally posted by lapoune View Post
          I was about to say the same. Looks too dark?

If 9002 is possible I'll get one

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post
            Am I missing something, or what do you mean by perforated? The nappa leather option pictures on your site look solid, not perforated (not that I mind, I think solid looks great).

The sides are perforated on the E46 SMG wheels. See attached.

I have asked again to confirm as some things get lost in translation with Dimitri. The wheels above are E46 (MT).

EDIT: He can do either, perforated or plain.

How much thicker is this than stock?

It's OEM thickness on round steering wheels. OE leather is removed.

And I assume discount on 10x steering wheels means the GB is limited to 10 or is it the minimum for GB price?

Limited to 10x units as these are hand made. GB is active once we hit 10x.
            See above.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	162.9 KB ID:	132679

Comment

Originally posted by Swizbeatz View Post
              In. Just sent a join request
              Approved!

Originally posted by lapoune View Post
              Only 9040.

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

I was about to say the same. Looks too dark?

If 9002 is possible I'll get one
              Unfortunately no, 9040 only - but I asked again. Let's see.
              Last edited by Epoustouflant; 10-19-2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Confirmed not possible due to 9002 being too thin for Tainik's sewing machines.

Comment

Dang, I see his SMG prices are still astronomical. A shame but he isn't the only one, too close in price and I would just by the complete new OEM wheel thereby getting new switches, paddles, etc., but it is a good deal for MT.
                  3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                    Dang, I see his SMG prices are still astronomical. A shame but he isn't the only one, too close in price and I would just by the complete new OEM wheel thereby getting new switches, paddles, etc., but it is a good deal for MT.
                    Yep, supposedly the cores are difficult to come by and are $. MT's a really good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                      Confirmed not possible due to 9002 being too thin for Tainik's sewing machines.
                      Bummer, thanks for trying. I guess ledermanz is the last option then.

Comment

Does this include our steering wheels as a core

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                          Does this include our steering wheels as a core
                          No core needed He’d probably do it for SMG as they are tough to source.

Comment

I converted my car so I have an SMG wheel that I wouldn't mind returning as a core. Any idea on what that would bring the price to for a manual wheel?
                            2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

I appreciate the group buy. To be critical, there always seems to be some info missing or some confusion. I am happy to be a proofreader of drafts in the future. In this GB, its the nappa leather:

Euroconnex description says alcantara or nappa leather perforated. EuroConnex pictures show 3 options of 1) alcantara 2) nappa leather plain or 3) nappa leather perforated

Post #1 says 3 options. Post #6 says SMG wheels are perforated, then says whatever you want.

Go to checkout on EuroConnex and you're just buying nappa leather - who knows which.

🤔
                              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Working...
                              X