Subframe repair in Socal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subframe repair in Socal

Recently got back into another e46 m3 and was wondering what the going rate was for the sub frame reinforcement nowadays? Located in OC area so there are quite a few shops around. Any recommendations? Was leaning towards Lang racing but I haven't reached out to them as of yet.

I would do the Vince Brace if your car “needs” it. Before someone says every M3 needs it there’s a difference.

The guys at Lang Racing do this job all the time.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I inquired lang racing for their reinforcement. I couldn't afford it and sought out other options. But they do warranty their work which is a great value to factor in. I'd consider them if you plan to keep your car long term and have it done right.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback fellas! Any other recommendation on shops in Socal that does this job at a reasonable price?

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
        I inquired lang racing for their reinforcement. I couldn't afford it and sought out other options. But they do warranty their work which is a great value to factor in. I'd consider them if you plan to keep your car long term and have it done right.
        Do you mind me asking what they quoted you? You can PM as well.

Comment

In SoCal as well (Corona), been calling around for the same thing, top 3 places in my running:

1) Racewerkz Engineering in Burbank - $1200
          2) EAS in Anaheim - $1200
          3) Status Gruppe in Harbor City/San Diego - $1200

Pretty much standard from what they've all told me, said it includes plates etc

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-15 09_04_31-Services & Installation _ BMW Performance Parts & Services.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	43065
          | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

i got mine done at lang a few weeks ago. welded and reinforced. They do awesome work. Also subframe is warrantied for life as well which is a plus.
            • 2006 AW/IR Manual
            • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
            • Supersprint
            • KW V3
            • 996 Brembo
            • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Originally posted by vp special k View Post
              Thanks for the feedback fellas! Any other recommendation on shops in Socal that does this job at a reasonable price?

Do you mind me asking what they quoted you? You can PM as well.
              IIRC its like 3500
              • 2006 AW/IR Manual
              • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
              • Supersprint
              • KW V3
              • 996 Brembo
              • ZCP / PSS

Comment

This is the quote I received from Lang in January totaling $3270.94. The amount of work that goes into it is very extensive. Seems reasonable to me.
                Current: 2003.5 E46 ///M3 6MT - 2019 Ford Raptor 802A
                Past: 2015 F80 ///M3 6MT - 2006 E46 ///M3 6MT - 1999 E36 ///M3 5MT - 1991 E30 ///M3 5MT

Comment

Matt at Techcraft is fantastic, I had my JB M3 done with him and he did a great job. On my SG M3, I purchased CMP plates and had them welded at JMP Autowerkz because they didn't surcharge for the extra labor required with the larger CMP plates.

Comment

Just had my subframe/racp reworked at Racewerks a couple months ago. They do great work

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoWagon View Post
                      This is the quote I received from Lang in January totaling $3270.94. The amount of work that goes into it is very extensive. Seems reasonable to me.
                      Seems reasonable with all the bushing work done. I'm sure the 1200 quote is too just drop the subframe and weld plates in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve never had a bad experience at RaceWerkz. Would highly recommend them. They did my car ~4 years ago and I haven’t had any issues since.

Comment

Lang did mine 4 years ago, and it was well-worth the money.

Comment

No matter where you go, this is gonna be an expensive job as it is very labor intensive. Since you're down at OC, Lang does great work - - I was his first guinea pig for the Vince Bar install via epoxy & rivet method and was very happy with the workmanship. Prior to that I had the Turner plates welded by John's crew at European Motor Works in Arcadia.

Matt @ TechCraft in Irwindale does great work too at very reasonable rates. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these three shops.

Comment

I recommend Matt at Tech Craft in Irwindale or Jason at NFA in Riverside. Jason just did the Vince top side reinforcements gussets on my car.

Comment

Working...
                              X