Induktiv Wireless device charging unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Induktiv Wireless device charging unit

Haven't seen this shared here yet, but figured I would help spread the word on this. I think I recall someone here mentioning it in a post.

Pre-order starting for this Wireless device charging unit that replaces the OEM cup holder / center tray. Production version will be injection molded ABS plastic. Looks promising.

BMW E46 3 SERIES (INCLUDING M3) INDUKTIV Wireless Device Charging Unit Available in 3 colors: Black , Grey , and Tan Works with all Qi enabled devices (iPhone 8/8S/9/9S/10/X/11/12/13/14/15 including Pro / Plus / Max models, Android devices, Samsung, LG, ETC) also works with Qi enabled ear phones (Galaxy Buds, AirPod v2

Cheers
    2003 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Black

Thanks. Obioban referenced it a month or two ago, I recall.

Great concept and I'm interested, but wary of appearance/finish. The E8X 1 series charger looks to be in production and is noted to be injection molded ABS. If the E46 looks like that one, I'm not sure it I'd go for the finish not matching to rest of the interior. It would be a tradeoff.
    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Looks good but to run Waze seems like only usb-c charging can keep up and still charge. Would buy if this could do the same

Comment

The finish looks too cheap, if it was a perfect match I would buy one!

Comment

Bear in mind the E46 photos have the following note: ** Prototype shown in Video and Pictures. Final production version may differ slightly **

So it remains to be seen if it will look like the 1 series current offering or will have a different appearance.
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I personally love it and as I grow older I am thinking of installing a non armrest center console with this in it.

Comment

We also have a member here that pretty perfectly matches the factory finish. If it doesn't match, I'm going to send it over to him.

This will pair perfectly with wireless CarPlay IMO!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I'm weary of the production finish as well, but curious to see how the final product looks. For the price point, it seems like a good deal. This paired with the BlueBus means no extra wires hanging around.
                2003 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Black

Comment

Originally posted by HighSchoolDream View Post
                  Looks good but to run Waze seems like only usb-c charging can keep up and still charge. Would buy if this could do the same
                  Depends on how many watts your wireless charging pad puts out and the phone you're using. You can get 15w wireless chargers now, which is plenty to keep up with Waze but how much your phone pulls depends on the phone. iPhone 11 Pro tops out at 7.5W, Google's Pixel 4 can charge at 11W, and Samsung's Galaxy S20 can charge at up to 15W wirelessly.

So..depends.
                  E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                  Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                    We also have a member here that pretty perfectly matches the factory finish. If it doesn't match, I'm going to send it over to him.

This will pair perfectly with wireless CarPlay IMO!
                    Would you mind sharing their username?

-Ted

Comment

I think he was talking about TexaZ3. My biggest problem that the tray doesn't look deep enough so the phone will be flying all over the places while cornering.

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                        I think he was talking about TexaZ3. My biggest problem that the tray doesn't look deep enough so the phone will be flying all over the places while cornering.
                        If your phone has a case, the rubberized material should prevent the phone from moving too much. Otherwise, yeah it might a slip and slide.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                          That is who I meant.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I reached out to these guys to ask them the dimensions of the cubby. It’s 84.4mm x 176mm x 12.5mm.
                            2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Here is the pic i received from Induktiv

Click image for larger version

Name:	E46.jpg
Views:	1585
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	58307

Comment

Working...
                              X