Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendations on reputable body shop for restoration work in SE PA/NJ area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations on reputable body shop for restoration work in SE PA/NJ area

Anyone have any recommendations on reputable body shop that do high quality restoration work? I am giving serious consideration to restoring my widebody e46 m3 back to original. I want to restore the body to 100% factory stock body. I would have to replace front bumper, both fenders, hood, side skirts, rear quarter panels, rear bumper, and trunk lid. I want to replace all small supplemental parts like the under panels, wheel liners, ducts, grills, etc. Additionally, have an perfect paint job. I want the car to look like it just rolled off the assembly line.

Can any provide any reputable body shops that can do this type of job to have the car come out perfect?

Karosserie in Wayne, PA has a great reputation. Took a tour of their shop years ago in their old location in King of Prussia, and the quality of the work they were putting out back then was outstanding.
    E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Originally posted by m3nt0s View Post
      Karosserie in Wayne, PA has a great reputation. Took a tour of their shop years ago in their old location in King of Prussia, and the quality of the work they were putting out back then was outstanding.
      I just visited their website. They seem to work on Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche. Have you had any work done by them on a BMW?

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

I just visited their website. They seem to work on Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche. Have you had any work done by them on a BMW?
        A body shop like that isn't a specialty shop with respect to working on one brand or three brands. If their rep is good and it looks like it is working on any German car isn't going to be a problem. Source: I worked in a body shop for years. You are looking at $15k minimum (and more realistically 20 to 30k) with that list you have provided plus a grade A shop plus you want perfection.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

A body shop like that isn't a specialty shop with respect to working on one brand or three brands. If their rep is good and it looks like it is working on any German car isn't going to be a problem. Source: I worked in a body shop for years. You are looking at $15k minimum (and more realistically 20 to 30k) with that list you have provided plus a grade A shop plus you want perfection.
          $15k to 30k? The most body work is with the rear quarter panel skins. The rest is bolt on body panels like front bumper, hood, fenders, side skirts etc. Grant it, the paint job would be costly, but was never thinking that it would in the $15k to $30k range.

Comment

Honestly depending on the mileage and what you have put into the car, you may want to consider just getting another one. And possibly selling the one you have now. A complete quality paint job should be about $10k. Along with all the new panels, and odds and ends you talked about... I could see it being upwards of $20k.

Keep in mind if you really want it to look new right out of the factory, you’re gonna want to replace window seals... exterior trim parts, grills, etc etc

Comment

$15k to 30k? The most body work is with the rear quarter panel skins. The rest is bolt on body panels like front bumper, hood, fenders, side skirts etc. Grant it, the paint job would be costly, but was never thinking that it would in the $15k to $30k range.
              Perfection is very costly and doubly so at high end shops. Space and time are a premium. However I could be misreading what you really want, or the depth of work for your car, and typically it cost nothing for an estimate so schedule one and go from there. The numbers for high end restoration work generally throw people for a loop which is why so we see so little of it actually done.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I got my car done at non high end shop. PM me if you want pics and details. These guys are pretty spot on with their prices though. I paid significantly less but it was because it was at a very local spot. A one man show. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonbruck View Post
                  Honestly depending on the mileage and what you have put into the car, you may want to consider just getting another one. And possibly selling the one you have now. A complete quality paint job should be about $10k. Along with all the new panels, and odds and ends you talked about... I could see it being upwards of $20k.

Keep in mind if you really want it to look new right out of the factory, you’re gonna want to replace window seals... exterior trim parts, grills, etc etc
                  Yea, I honestly don’t think it’s going to cost 10k for a paint job. I am not changing the color just painting body panels.

Additionally, the most panels bolt on and off. The major job would be the rear quarters. I am also not buying brand new panels from dealer. Used panels are fine, just the fit and finish is what matters. I am looking for a stock finish.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Perfection is very costly and doubly so at high end shops. Space and time are a premium. However I could be misreading what you really want, or the depth of work for your car, and typically it cost nothing for an estimate so schedule one and go from there. The numbers for high end restoration work generally throw people for a loop which is why so we see so little of it actually done.
                    I agree, perfection is very costly at high end jobs. Maybe using the word restoration was a bit much. This is not like an old rusted out e30 that need that much work.

Again, not really sure what it will cost. Just looking for the car to look OEM factory and not a Maaco sh!t job.

Comment

Originally posted by trudriv3r View Post
                      I got my car done at non high end shop. PM me if you want pics and details. These guys are pretty spot on with their prices though. I paid significantly less but it was because it was at a very local spot. A one man show. Let me know.
                      Yes, please send me the information.

Comment

Yes, please send me the information.
                        Send me a PM so we can discuss further.

Comment

Working...
                        X