Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good quality shift boot and e-brake boots with the M tri-color stitching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good quality shift boot and e-brake boots with the M tri-color stitching?

Looking to add a little color to the interior, and I'm thinking of a shift boot, e-brake boot, and steering wheel with the M tri-color stitching. I've seen Condor's designs (like M rain, M hurricane, and M tech) and the patterns aren't appealing to me. I'd prefer something more subtle like tri-color stitching, hopefully on alcantara.

There are some shift/e-brake boots on ebay but I haven't found anything that looks high quality.

Here's a general idea of what I'm looking for:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Boots.PNG
Views:	825
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	89093

Anyone have leads for products they like?

https://cobywheel.com/alcantara-products/e46-m-sport-products.html

Options for black/grey alcantara with various different stitching options. I have had the black stitching on grey alcantara shift boot for about 2 years now and has held up pretty well. Can't speak for handbrake boot, steering wheel from cobywheel as I am yet to buy but I assume all of comparable quality.
    Last edited by Thoglan; 03-04-2021, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Plus 1 for Michael at Coby Wheel. just got a full set, great quality for sure with tri stitching!

Comment

I've been pleased with the SMG shift boot and e-brake combo product (black leather w/M stitching) that I purchased two years ago. The Tuning Shop U.K. --> https://tuning-shop.co.uk/49-e46-1999-2005 they provide a wide variety of choices in leather, stitching, for SMG and 6MT.

Comment

Here is a glimpse of COBY
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks- that's exactly the information I was looking for.

Comment

I recently picked up a Coby Wheel shifter and brake boot as well as an alcantara wheel. Just received them in the mail and have yet to install, but the build quality is excellent.
              2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
              [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

You can get an F30 M3 boot from BMW and get a cool carbon fiber handle. You'll just have to modify the bottom.
                This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

+1 for Coby. He did a fantastic job on my steering wheel, ebrake, and shift boot.
                  E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                  Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
                  Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

bumping this back up as I'm planning/shopping an interior refresh for this winter.

- I don't think I'm going to get an alcantara wheel, so I feel like I should stick with leather shift and hand brake boots. Coby only lists alcantara available for the boots.
                    - I will likely keep the taller stock broomstick handle, since it works better with the armrest. This seems to limit my options as the shift knob and boot come as one piece. I also want to keep the stock lighting.
                    - I will probably order both the short and stock center console, because FOMO, and I'd like to see how comfortable it is without and armrest for longer trips.
                    - I have brushed aluminum trim, and the M Performance e-brake handle looks like it would be a nice compliment, but comes with alcantara boot. Not sure how to remedy this against the first point.

If I end up liking the short console with no armrest, then the solutions with the ZHP knob become more viable. Interested in opinions of how that changes shift feel/effort vs the taller broomstick. My transmission is particularly notchy, and even grinds going into 3rd if I don't really take my time. I currently have the 330d lever, but may switch to the e60 one also. My e90 330 came with the M Performance short shift kit, and it increases effort more than I think it should. My interior, and car overall, is very understated (JB/black/aluminum) so while I kind of like the M stitching, I worry about things becoming too busy.

thoughts, ideas, and feedback on how all these different pieces work together welcome.

Comment

I bought these from a company called Stitchboots. Only downside is that you have to use the frames from your current setup or buy some new ones.

Comment

Pretty much all boots are terrible so I'd avoid. There's always ungluing, regluing, etc and never look as good as oem.

Colored boots are the worst with tri color stitching anything besides steering wheel a close second in my experience. Keep the stitch color in complement with the boot.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                          Pretty much all boots are terrible so I'd avoid. There's always ungluing, regluing, etc and never look as good as oem.

Colored boots are the worst with tri color stitching anything besides steering wheel a close second in my experience. Keep the stitch color in complement with the boot.
                          so are you saying that anything besides the OE broom handle ends up separating from the knob? I'm definitely not getting any colored material for the boot itself, but I'm debating if getting the tri color stitching would make the interior look too busy. I wish the tri-color was available on the broom handle, but I haven't found it yet.

Comment

I'm referring to gluing both shift knob and ebrake boot skirts to their respective frames that squeeze into interior trims.

You have to rip the plastic base frames out of your stock boots and reuse.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                            X