CX Racing Turbo Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX Racing Turbo Kit

Does anyone have any experience with this kit? Says you'd need to upgrade fuel system and need your own tune. Does fuel system simply mean injectors or are we talking about fuel pump etc? Thanks.

Both injectors and fuel pump

Comment

Can't comment on the whole kit but I did buy the intake manifold on its own. Was planning on piecing my own kit together until I ended up getting a maximum psi kit. The intake manifold looks like it is machine welded and well made from a quality standpoint. No issues on fitment besides the port for the MAF being a little too large. Only ran it for a couple hundred miles on an N/A car and did not adjust the tune. Probably due to the MAF placement or lack of tuning but it would make the car run rich and buck at any sharp throttle inputs. Definitely useable but wouldn't recommend for N/A. However I don't see any reason why it would not work well for a turbo setup where you need some sort of upgraded intake manifold.

As for the rest of the kit, as long as the exhaust manifold fits well. it seems like a decent starting point for someone to piece together their own setup. Going to have to figure out fueling, turbo, wastegate, ECU/tuning, and some fabrication on your own. You would basically need to get all the additional parts that come with the other complete kits. The major advantage I see is that you can pick and choose the exact parts you want right off the bat. As opposed to using parts from a full kit and upgrading them down the line, for example injectors or turbo. So assume its going to cost at least another $5k for everything else at the minimum. As long as you understand what this kit is and what else it would need, it could potentially work well.

Comment

Based on the experiences of other people, Manifold tends to crack and don't use the provided wastegate. Turbo seems to be any other regular ebay turbo, but other than that it's not bad. Would go for other kits available if budget allows.

Comment

Working...
        X