Karbonius CF reproduction of standard S54 plenum (EOI) - **PROTOTYPE VIDEO**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

Just needs 20 people interested. You could be 20. I didn't see deposit or upfront fee involved.
    True - this is just an EOI. No deposit required and you are not obliged to buy if a test piece is made and it doesn't meet expectations. However, if you have a high threshold for what you would actually buy, I can see the sense in waiting for the final product... assuming we get to the minimum required number of EOI.

Comment

So if I don’t like the sound of the unit then I’m not obligated to buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by jrgatfh View Post
        So if I don’t like the sound of the unit then I’m not obligated to buy it?
        Correct. Step 1 is for Karbonius to make the mould and then one prototype. They will test the prototype on a car to see how it works. People would then decide if they want to purchase the production version. I haven’t discussed with Karbonius yet if they will require a minimum number of people committing for them to do a production run, or if they will make them no matter how many orders they have. I’ll work that out if we get 20 EOI… have to admit I wasn’t really sure if we would get to the prototype stage.

Comment

I'll pitch in and fill in the 20th spot.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckA View Post
            I'll pitch in and fill in the 20th spot.
            Awesome - thanks!

still taking more EOI but I will let Karbonius know we have hit the minimum.

Comment

For reference, the EOI list is here:

Comment

You can put me down as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jrgatfh View Post
                  You can put me down as well.
                  Great - thanks!

Comment

Karbonius has confirmed they will make a test plenum to check the viability of the project. There is no timeline yet as they need to see if any of the parts from their CSL intake can be carried across. I’ll post an update when I have more information.

Comment

Definitely interested, especially if sounds are more pronounced than eventuri or other maf options out there. Please add me to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by R717 View Post
                        Definitely interested, especially if sounds are more pronounced than eventuri or other maf options out there. Please add me to the list.
                        Thanks - I’ll add you to the list.

Comment

Quick update: Karbonius hopes to start this project in May.

Comment

Another quick update: Karbonius has started the design and hopes to provide some details soon.

Comment

We're getting closer. Karbonius has advised that this month they hope to have the provisional mould and first prototype ready for test fitment. If that goes well, they will manufacture a high-quality mould and produce the real thing.

Comment

Karbonius has finished the prototype plenum - see the pictures below. This was straight out of the autoclave, so it hasn't been cleaned up at all. Next week they will be testing the fitting and sound. Fingers crossed!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	92F4A94D-D5CF-459E-AE53-03A2FB295B38.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	175338

Name:	159B9E88-B183-4023-A770-6E490F7CCF14.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	175339

Name:	BD199159-E0C8-48B9-97F9-DFD3BE63487D.jpg