This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
    As an update to this, I am engaged in talks with a Montreal based Diff Builder. He's an engineer and I like his approach. We're looking at offering a full build service along with cores.

I feel like this is what will make any FD gear GB successful
    This is dope. I for one am tired of not able to find any e46 m3 specific diff builder other than diffsonline in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by wrongchi View Post

This is dope. I for one am tired of not able to find any e46 m3 specific diff builder other than diffsonline in the US.
      Metric Mechanic is another. They have a YouTube video of a rebuild (summary level)
      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

All the parts you need to change gear ratio and even a video tutorial. Let’s get this group buy filled!

If you decided to change gear ratio in BMW differential, than this set is absolutely a necessity. It includes minimum parts without which you can't complete a swap successfully. Adjustment shims or C clips are included as well as seals, pinion bearing and crush sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys,

I have chatted with Michael and I will be relaunching this next week as the community has grown. We should be hitting the 20x per ratio needed to get this into development and production.

Comment

Is this GB still going on or closed out already?

I swapped my stock diff for one w/ a 3.91 BMW Motorsport FD already installed it, its great but now I'm hooked and itching for a 4.10. If I buy this GB 4.10 FD and Pinion I can just swap it into my current differential right? I dont have to swap out the entire unit I mean, just gotta open it up and swap in?
            2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
            Instagram
            Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by BigRussia View Post

I swapped my stock diff for one w/ a 3.91 BMW Motorsport FD already installed it, its great but now I'm hooked and itching for a 4.10. If I buy this GB 4.10 FD and Pinion I can just swap it into my current differential right? I dont have to swap out the entire unit I mean, just gotta open it up and swap in?
              Right you would only be replacing the ring and pinion gears. In the video above they recommend a minimum amount of parts needed to swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigRussia View Post

I will relist the GB shortly It never went through as we didn't reach 20x. We will most likely now that the community has grown.

Comment

I will relist the GB shortly It never went through as we didn't reach 20x. We will most likely now that the community has grown.
                  how did the conversation go with the installer? Was he interested in installing these ring and pinions for the group buy?
                  ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
                  ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

Originally posted by Hallerhan View Post

how did the conversation go with the installer? Was he interested in installing these ring and pinions for the group buy?
                    Yes, I have one in Montreal - but he has low capacity. It’ll be an option.

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Originally posted by m3heaven View Post
                        Any updates on this?
                        Getting to it. He’s finalizing the E9X CF driveshaft production right now.

Comment

Awaiting optional WPC treatment pricing and this is a go!

Comment

What can we expect the installation cost to be

Comment

Originally posted by Hallerhan View Post
                              What can we expect the installation cost to be
                              It depends what you’re doing, some guys use the opportunity of opening up the diff to change out the LSD entirely. You will need around 250-300$ in hardware and labor is usually around 400-500$.

Comment

It depends what you’re doing, some guys use the opportunity of opening up the diff to change out the LSD entirely. You will need around 250-300$ in hardware and labor is usually around 400-500$.
                                that’s a great price! Is the $400-500 labor the quote the Montreal guy is giving you?

The unfortunate limiting factor is finding a shop willing to do this swap, with the prices I’ve been getting quoted it makes more sense for me to just buy the diff from diffsonline

Comment

Working...
                                X