Clear All

• 02_lsb
    replied
    Are these free? Where is the price?

Leave a comment:

• Epoustouflant
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
    I'm just here with a square set of E88's already in my garage wondering how much a set is. If I can resell my set and fund a built set I'll do so.

You need to start listing prices man lol
    That is what guys like Slicer and everyone else is hoping I do to hit the Connex with a cease and desist over MAP pricing.

For the benefits of the whole community, I am not ever doing this. An account takes a min of your time - well worth it and will be required for the SS GB as well.

Leave a comment:

• Sharocks
    replied
    I'm just here with a square set of E88's already in my garage wondering how much a set is. If I can resell my set and fund a built set I'll do so.

You need to start listing prices man lol

Leave a comment:

• Epoustouflant
    replied
    Originally posted by slicer View Post

Schirmer centers are available to us in the the US (literally using the same part number of a center that we use), with 2 exceptions.

1 - They enlarge the hardware. This is to fix a problem that I have not experienced. In my opinion it is not necessarily a bad thing to increase the size of hardware, other than it reducing the rim face material. That being said, we have not experienced bolt failure with numerous sets sold, therefore I don't view it as necessary. There is one exception to this and I believe it was due to under-torquing of the assembly hardware.

2 - They limit themselves to one part number. Presumably due to TUV approval. As a result, the specs they offer are very limited. We use over 10 different centers in order to adjust offsets for the perfect wheel fit. Instead the specs offered here require spacers and fender rolling/pulling in many instances. Not ideal considering this wheel can be custom tailored to avoid both of those things. The specs they are offering for the e46, e9x and f8x all require spacers and/or pulling of fenders to fit with the tire sizes that Schirmer uses. Not my idea of an ideal spec.
    Hey Brett,

I understand the E88 is literally your IG profile picture and this hits at the core, but none of what you’ve been doing on Facebook, nor here, is anything acceptable.

If you want to compete, do so in the proper way, offer your own promotion & GB elsewhere on the forum. I personally won’t care and neither will Schirmer.

You joined the forum simply to litter a GB thread from a competitor’s brand.

I will again correct your false insinuations about Schirmer.

- They offer various specs that do not require fender pulling
    - All 90 + Schirmer GTs use spacers and are extensively used on the Ring. You, yourself, sell multiple BBS Motorsport wheels that require spacers.
    - The bolt issue is heavily documented in Germany by Schirmer over decades of experience: something you simply don’t have.
    - The pricing offered in early access was better than anything ever offered in the US for E88s. 10x members got that price.

I am actually thinking of offering the wheels right back at early access pricing due to your attempts at painting Schirmer offerings as inferior to yours.

What you’ve been attempting to do by seeping doubt into everyone’s mind is of bad taste.

I’d appreciate - and so would Schirmer, that you stick to your own postings.

At the end of the day, the community can choose the product they prefer from the source they prefer without vendors hijacking each other’s thread.
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 03-18-2021, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• r4dr
    replied
    Originally posted by slicer

The pricing you are offering in the group buy (after shipping and import fees/tax) is literally almost exactly the same that we are offering in the US.

RE - your comment about "hiding specs" We don't sell a "one size fits all" spec like Shirmer. Our wheel specs vary depending on the customer's car specs, desired fit, suspension, brakes, camber, desired tires, etc. Every single customer that we work with is provided their wheel specs.
    Do you have a website, or is it all through Instagram DMs? Curious to compare.

Feel free to PM me if you would rather not say in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Jickel180
    replied
    Originally posted by bjz! View Post

Weird. I rather to help a "newcomer" than a company. Will be awesome to help Slicer Paddock for example.
    Agreed. I've been looking at E88s for a while and each vendor has been on the same page about time frames which all hover around 6 months. This is the first I've heard of a quicker lead time than that so it makes me wonder what Schirmer does different. I've already made my choice though. 🙂

Leave a comment:

• Good
    replied
    My local BBS dealer is cheaper than the pricing offered here. Custom width/offset is also available, but the downside is the wait time is 6 months+ unfortunately.
    Last edited by Good; 02-25-2022, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slicer
    replied
    Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

From my understanding, they are not the same product. This is a Schirmer Spec.

Unsure how a business model of hiding specs and charging a premium for it is awesome.

I can’t list prices publicly, but these are the best prices they’ve ever been.
    Schirmer centers are available to us in the the US (literally using the same part number of a center that we use), with 2 exceptions.

1 - They enlarge the hardware. This is to fix a problem that I have not experienced. It is not necessarily a bad thing to increase the size of hardware, other than it reducing the rim face material. That being said, we have not experienced bolt failure with numerous sets sold, therefore I don't view it as necessary. There is one exception to this and I believe it was due to under-torquing of the assembly hardware. The rigors of the Nurburgring are exceptional.

2 - They limit themselves to one part number. Presumably due to TUV approval. As a result, the specs they offer are very limited. In the US we use over 10 different centers in order to adjust offsets for the perfect wheel fit. Instead the specs offered in the GB require spacers and fender rolling/pulling in many instances. Not ideal considering this wheel can be custom tailored to avoid both of those things. There is no TUV to worry about in the US.
    Last edited by slicer; 03-21-2021, 06:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slicer
    replied
    Originally posted by bjz! View Post

Weird. I rather to help a "newcomer" than a company. Will be awesome to help Slicer Paddock for example.
    Thank you for saying this! I really appreciate the comment.

Leave a comment:

• slicer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jickel180 View Post
    6-8 weeks lead time eh...makes me wonder why I've been told 6 months from other sources...
    Here in the USA we are using BBS USA as the importer of the wheels. Since the start of CV19 the lead times have been long, often 6 month or more. There have been other factors but at the end of the day, we are limited by BBS Germany's time-frames

Leave a comment:

• Epoustouflant
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there a possibility for a 17'' E87? May be looking for a set for a buddies E36.
    Only 18s and 19s.

Leave a comment:

• Inizes
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there a possibility for a 17'' E87? May be looking for a set for a buddies E36.
    A buddy you say... does this happen to be a newly acquired low mile example? Lol

Leave a comment:

• BMWahba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tnord
    replied
    Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Apex =\= Schirmer

Schirmer Spec E88s are TUV Approved with enlarged M8 bolts.
    you're right, I went back and watched it and got mixed up with the video covering the schirmer car. I'll edit.

Leave a comment:

• Epoustouflant
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiser.mt View Post
    What is the offset and lip size on the 18x10 square set?

And the gold finish is only for the 6-8 week lead time? I would be interested in silver.
    18x10 + 21.5mm

6-8 weeks applies to all finishes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X