Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
My Slow Burn (E46 M3)
Collapse
X
-
Around the middle of October, I dropped my car off at my buddy's (https://www.instagram.com/builtbyfurches) shop for some exhaust work. Since meeting him shortly after opening my now closed dry ice cleaning shop, we had talked about him fabricating me a custom rear section. And that finally happened:
OLD (Megan) EXHAUST:
Fabrication Photos:
Cold Start
Operating Temp
This thing is an absolute work of art, as evidenced by the photos. Brandon ended up using a ton of material to get it as picture perfect as he could, and I could not be happier. Sucks I have to wait until Spring for windows down driving to hear this exhaust sing again, but hey, living in New England sucks sometimes!
And that takes us up to this past Saturday. Going to hopefully wash the car this afternoon, then get the battery tender and car cover on it and stored away in the garage for winter. We'll see if my back is ready for an oil change, though, I might just wait a bit longer to give it more time.
Cheers!
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Due to a back injury sustained in April, my spring and summer were pretty quiet and uneventful, from an automotive standpoint. Ended up being 2 herniated discs, one of which required microdiscectomy surgery back on 9/25. Feeling better every day, just in time for winter and putting the car away for hibernation. 🤦♂️
Figured I'd take a moment to provide the very few updates with the car. Back in June, I repainted the pitted wiper arms and also treated the faded windshield cowl with Solution Finish:
I also replaced the missing plastic rivet/clip and bolt on the passenger side, seen here on the driver side:
Brought my car to the BMW CCA Boston Chapter Concours d'Elegance at Prowse Farm in Canton,MA back in July. Here are some of the photos I took, as well as some from Larry Levin (IYKYK):
- Likes 2
Leave a comment:
-
Got some help from a good buddy of mine who was able to wire the new license plate lights for me, and I installed the trunk roundel and IND-Distribution gloss black ///M3 badge. This project is finally complete!
Next up is removing the single-walled exhaust tips and having my buddy https://www.instagram.com/builtbyfurches/ weld on the Eurostyle tips I had picked up over the winter.
- Likes 3
Leave a comment:
-
Sorry for the delay! Wife and I left for Aruba right after picking the car up from the body shop and just got back this past Friday. Busy, busy lately.Originally posted by Bent_Remy View PostWaiting to see that trunk installed
That said, here are the photos:
I had told the body shop to not wash the car, which they abided by, but unfortunately, the car being so dirty when I picked it up prevented me from seeing 2 imperfections in the paint. I don't have photos of both, but this appears to be some leftover wet sanding marks:
Not going to mount the IND gloss black ///M3 badge until after I swing by the body shop (hopefully this Friday) to get their input on the 2 imperfections in case more body/paint work is needed. But the BMW roundel is now on.
Paint match is really close. Close enough to not require blending, at least in my opinion. Some trimming on the interior of the trunk was required for the inner taillights to sit flush and for the rear bulb housings to fit properly. All in all, very happy with the purchase and looking forward to getting it all buttoned up with the ///M3 badge and having this project finally be done.
- Likes 5
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks, brother! Need to get ours together soon.Originally posted by Acarv_426 View PostCar is looking fresh man eforty6_m3
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Back's finally starting to feel better, so my buddy Chris (who owns the blue E93 M3 parked next to me) and I decided to check out the Woodward Motorsports C&C this past Saturday. We were early, so prime parking was in order:
My Twin
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Awesome, good to know. Ordered yesterday and just hoping my back heals up enough sooner rather than later so I can actually start making myself useful again. Hoping to get this done before we leave for Aruba at the end of the month. Appreciate the feedback!Originally posted by Phoenix///M3 View PostYep used on my F15 X5 with good results. You'd never know it's brushed on.
Swear I took some pics with wheels off but can't locate at the moment.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Yep used on my F15 X5 with good results. You'd never know it's brushed on.
Swear I took some pics with wheels off but can't locate at the moment.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
Correct. Looks to level out pretty well based on all the photos I've seen. For the price, might give it a shot and see if it lives up to the hype.Originally posted by Tbonem3 View PostIt's paint on with a brush right? I prefer the even spray of a rattle can, but maybe the G2 paint levels out well enough.
Leave a comment:
-
It's paint on with a brush right? I prefer the even spray of a rattle can, but maybe the G2 paint levels out well enough.
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: