Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyler's 04 slicktop 6spd Silvergrey MCS/Brembo/CSL/Karbonius/Nogaros/Supersprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! I only will swap OE sect 2 for CSL green stamp sect 2 (actually I may try a resonated X pipe just for fun sometime purely for sound reasons)

April 2020

Finally got around to installing some software and buying a license from Martyn for the binary tool. My car's already been coded by other people for almost everything I want, but my goal here is to play with the throttle settings and view flash counter (Martyn's most recent tool).

May 2020

Originally, I didn't do a great job routing my Turner IAT harness. I finally got around (I should name this thread "I finally... ) to cleaning the area up and I routed the IAT wiring along the same path as the factory wiring in the area for the cleanest look I can do I think:

June 2020

Interior work. I guess I should have bought a new set of carpets back at this point in time (hindsight, before they ran out), but I just wanted to refresh the look of the driver side one. I used soap and water to clean it, then I used my old E36 "back to black" trim dye to darken it to look newer.

Looks ok

July 2020 more interior work

Finally decided to just rip out the tint. I've always liked tint, being in Socal, but as I've been making the car more OE/CSL looking, the tint is detracting from the look and just now looks cheap/ghetto to me. At first, I was thinking I'd have to pay someone, but it ended up being very easily actually, just using a heat gun (or hairdrier). Thanks to liam821 for tint removal info. Didn't need steam. I did use windex/water mixture to lube as I went. Almost all of it came out in whole sections, luckily. The tint is 3m, and was applied in 2010, so it's not like it was recent and that's why it came off super easily.

Used a razor blade to get the corners started (heat first)

Some little bits might get caught in the window trim. I used a razor to hold the trim off the glass, then pulled/dragged the little bits of film/adhesive with windex soaked Q-tips.

Clean

Driver side

The rear is the hardest. To make it easier (access), and because I've never cleaned/touched this area, I pulled the rear shelf.

OGs will know about the tennis balls

The good side effect of having tint for so long, for a car that was not always garaged, is that my interior is in good shape and this rear shelf isn't too faded. I was thinking of dying/spraying it, but....

After a good wash (water/drop of dish soap), it got a little darker and matches the other interior fabrics perfectly, so I don't want it black black.

Removed more weight. These are part of the child restraint sys. No car seat in this car lol
    303'd the rear vent/trim

I had done this years prior, but got a picture of it now. I put some closed cell sound foam under the rear bench to quiet down the diff whine and overall road noise. I've said it before, but my goal for the car is that fine line between hardcore and BMW luxury/class. This doesn't add any weight.

Along the same lines, I added some sound deadening to the rear panel and the speaker cones.

Light weight sound blocking foam on top of the BMW foam

Rear Tint C pillars removed as well

Center shade cover has been cracked and warped a while, so finally got a new one

Pretty clean! I don't run rear headrests

Obligatory Nogaros shot. Tasty

FISHBOWL:

Last edited by Tbonem3; 12-23-2020, 02:43 PM.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Awesome build, if you slide the seats all the way forward can you still access the rear seats and some one could sit back there? Thinking about these seats or the speedsters. Thanks!

Comment

Thank you. I can only speak about Nogaros on OE manual sliders using BK setup. The passenger side seems to scoot a little farther forward, but both sides are pretty difficult to get behind. And I'm not a big guy, pretty slender. It's not ideal tbh. Perhaps there's a way to mount them differently that would create more space. Oh, and I have them in the more reclined position, so that makes it a hair tighter too (it's not that tilted tho)
        Last edited by Tbonem3; 12-23-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

I need those seats!! Looking good my dude.
          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Nice, looks like you have been busy too.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
            Build///Journal
            IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
              I need those seats!! Looking good my dude.

Originally posted by KhanArt View Post
              Nice, looks like you have been busy too.

I've never done so many things! Still got more updates coming too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

I've never done so many things! Still got more updates coming too.
                I don't know how you find the time to keep it that clean.

Comment

July 2020 continued

I had been running OE grilles with blacked out center slats ala non-m 3 series. It was a sleek look, striking a balance between OE class and aggressive, but I decided to go completely original as far as the exterior goes.

New OE:

August 2020

I was starting to tire of the paint finish (too flat, too bright) of my Sportline wheels. They're such great wheels, I even contemplated having them repainted, but when an almost new set of CSL wheels (which are backordered!) with new PS4S popped up, locally, for sale by member Discowagon, I jumped. These wheels and the CSL boot are just perfection to me, I had to have them!

Glam shot upon returning home:

Sportline 18" 275 PSS vs. OE CSL 19" 265 PS4S

Mounted

Before mounting, I dressed the wheel liners and cleaned the suspension:

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post

I don't know how you find the time to keep it that clean.
                    Thanks. I've really only been able to take my car to the next level due to these 3 things:

-No longer a daily
                    -Fully garaged
                    -Covid19 lockdown, work from home

Comment

Thanks. I've really only been able to take my car to the next level due to these 3 things:

-No longer a daily
                      -Fully garaged
                      -Covid19 lockdown, work from home
                      I'm all those things too, but yeah, I couldn't tell you the last time I wash my car lol

Comment

Looking good! Serious build right here. Great attention to detail.
                        Instagram: M3Journal

Comment

One of the best M3 builds on the planet! Love this thread.
                          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Thanks guys! Still got more content to upload, and a big development coming!

Comment

Thanks guys! Still got more content to upload, and a big development coming!
                              Anyone else feel like this after this update??

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473bimngg8bxsl7z8yxqhrk1etrv2au6799dd0xd7q&rid=giphy.gif
Views:	549
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	85348

2005 BMW M3 (6MT) Instagram
                              2021 BMW M340i

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!

My Slow Burn (M3 build thread)
                              My DOUBLE thread (garage build)

Comment

everything is done really tastefully! love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X