Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zen and the Art of E46 M3 Ownership

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sharocks
    replied
    Real talk if the stock muffler didn't weigh as much I'd rock one on both of my cars.

    Hmmmm.

    Excellent work and rather quick work to getting this car to where you want it to be.

    Gives me inspo to make a build thread too.

    Leave a comment:


  • bavarian3
    replied
    Following.

    The muffler looks amazing and way less work than I went through to get mine like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by Arclitgold View Post
    Wow nice!! That muffler looks incredible
    I can’t say enough good things about Ospho (wear gloves, it's acid). You can see it didn't quite take away all of the discoloring on that center section, but close enough, especially for a 20 year old muffler. It does wonders on aftermarket stainless exhausts even more so. Dr Beasley's is just a protective coating, it doesn't change the appearance of the metal, so what you are seeing is just 30 minutes of scrubbing with Ospho. With the wash and coating, this is about 2 hours of work from start to finish.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arclitgold
    replied
    Wow nice!! That muffler looks incredible

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    Got an opportunity to snag my muffler while the car is at the shop for the driveshaft and motor/trans mounts. I plan on keeping the exhaust stock and just do a carbon airbox, so today I tried to bring some life back into this 20 year old muffler.

    After a wash this is what we're working with...






    Now this stuff is amazing for surface rust and yellowing on stainless steel. For the most part you're just wiping the rust away, don't even need any elbow grease.



    And all done, coated in Dr Beasley's to keep it looking like this for years. Burkhart tips coated and waiting to be installed next.



    Leave a comment:


  • Arclitgold
    replied
    This is shaping up REAL nice

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by RockyMtnM3 View Post
    I'm hoping you leave the inside of the trunk unpainted?! The carbon would look awesome and subtle when the trunk is open.🤤
    Oh hell yeah! Hah

    Leave a comment:


  • RockyMtnM3
    replied
    I'm hoping you leave the inside of the trunk unpainted?! The carbon would look awesome and subtle when the trunk is open.🤤

    Leave a comment:


  • Arclitgold
    replied
    Awesome! Subscribed

    Leave a comment:


  • 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimma360 View Post
    The refinished SMG trim pieces arrived today from TexaZ3 today. They look great! I still have a bunch of carbon work to do on the window switch console, but I really wanted to see how some of these pieces looked assembled. I also have some Nappa leather and Alcantara, so I sewed together two shift boots. I think I am going to go with the leather one though.


    Looks COOL.

    Leave a comment:


  • TexaZ3
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimma360 View Post
    The refinished SMG trim pieces arrived today from TexaZ3 today. They look great! I still have a bunch of carbon work to do on the window switch console, but I really wanted to see how some of these pieces looked assembled. I also have some Nappa leather and Alcantara, so I sewed together two shift boots. I think I am going to go with the leather one though.





    Very nice. Gonna look great in the car!

    Leave a comment:


  • karter16
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimma360 View Post
    The refinished SMG trim pieces arrived today from TexaZ3 today. They look great! I still have a bunch of carbon work to do on the window switch console, but I really wanted to see how some of these pieces looked assembled. I also have some Nappa leather and Alcantara, so I sewed together two shift boots. I think I am going to go with the leather one though.
    That trim looks great! love that you're bringing through a little bit of the CSL concept, makes for a little bit of extra uniqueness
    Last edited by karter16; 12-06-2025, 01:50 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    The refinished SMG trim pieces arrived today from TexaZ3 today. They look great! I still have a bunch of carbon work to do on the window switch console, but I really wanted to see how some of these pieces looked assembled. I also have some Nappa leather and Alcantara, so I sewed together two shift boots. I think I am going to go with the leather one though.





    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
    What's the list on those Munichs? I see a set for sale local that is tempting, but new would be very tempting...
    From what I understand, price would depend if they need to be imported from the UK.

    Leave a comment:


  • fattycharged
    replied
    What's the list on those Munichs? I see a set for sale local that is tempting, but new would be very tempting...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X