Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zen and the Art of E46 M3 Ownership

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post

    Ohh man I'm in Wayne now grew up in Springfield right next door. I have to sit in these when you get them installed so I can finally pull the trigger lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I am sure we can make that happen!

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

    Was trying to contact the UK factory.
    Just shot you a PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grke46m3
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimma360 View Post
    More stuff coming in...

    Can't wait to start installing, but unfortunately I have to wait until after paint.

    I might have grabbed the last Karbonius CSL trunk in the US currently.





    Also turns out that HMS Motorsport had two sets of Cobra Nogaro Munich's available in the US. Brian at HMS was so awesome to deal with. Answered all of my questions, gave me options on things I didn't even think to ask, and the whole transaction from the moment I was ready to move forward with payment/ordering to the seats shipping out was about 2 hours. I ordered on a Tuesday, seats were at my door on a Friday (with Thanksgiving in between)!

    I think I am going to have an issue sourcing the Brey Krause mounts and manual adjusters. The one place I called, said that the BK stuff can have a 6-8 week turnaround time. I have to check with Brian, but if anyone has these in good condition and wants to sell, I'd be willing to pay full MSRP for them.

    Ohh man I'm in Wayne now grew up in Springfield right next door. I have to sit in these when you get them installed so I can finally pull the trigger lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    Leave a comment:


  • 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimma360 View Post

    Oh no! What email are you emailing? Are you trying to get them through the local distributor? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    Was trying to contact the UK factory.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

    Those are the exact ones i wanted to order but my emails have gone unanswered since the last 2 years. Oh well......

    Congrats they look amazing. Hopefully you can source the mounts and get them installed ASAP/
    Oh no! What email are you emailing? Are you trying to get them through the local distributor? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    Leave a comment:


  • 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimma360 View Post
    More stuff coming in...

    Can't wait to start installing, but unfortunately I have to wait until after paint.

    I might have grabbed the last Karbonius CSL trunk in the US currently.





    Also turns out that HMS Motorsport had two sets of Cobra Nogaro Munich's available in the US. Brian at HMS was so awesome to deal with. Answered all of my questions, gave me options on things I didn't even think to ask, and the whole transaction from the moment I was ready to move forward with payment/ordering to the seats shipping out was about 2 hours. I ordered on a Tuesday, seats were at my door on a Friday (with Thanksgiving in between)!

    I think I am going to have an issue sourcing the Brey Krause mounts and manual adjusters. The one place I called, said that the BK stuff can have a 6-8 week turnaround time. I have to check with Brian, but if anyone has these in good condition and wants to sell, I'd be willing to pay full MSRP for them.

    Those are the exact ones i wanted to order but my emails have gone unanswered since the last 2 years. Oh well......

    Congrats they look amazing. Hopefully you can source the mounts and get them installed ASAP/

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    More stuff coming in...

    Can't wait to start installing, but unfortunately I have to wait until after paint.

    I might have grabbed the last Karbonius CSL trunk in the US currently.





    Also turns out that HMS Motorsport had two sets of Cobra Nogaro Munich's available in the US. Brian at HMS was so awesome to deal with. Answered all of my questions, gave me options on things I didn't even think to ask, and the whole transaction from the moment I was ready to move forward with payment/ordering to the seats shipping out was about 2 hours. I ordered on a Tuesday, seats were at my door on a Friday (with Thanksgiving in between)!

    I think I am going to have an issue sourcing the Brey Krause mounts and manual adjusters. The one place I called, said that the BK stuff can have a 6-8 week turnaround time. I have to check with Brian, but if anyone has these in good condition and wants to sell, I'd be willing to pay full MSRP for them.

    Last edited by Bimma360; 11-29-2025, 06:05 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    So some stuff has started to trickle in this week, crappy pics for now...







    The Karbonius pieces are a thing of beauty! The knob isn't bad, I just wish someone made a more OE version with the side pads. I am really trying to fight buying a 3D printer. The last thing I need in my life is another hobby.

    Speaking of which, a long time ago I used to do some carbon work. Ended up finding a niche restoring factory E36 LTW/GT trim pieces. I haven't done this type of stuff in probably 5 years. But I am somewhat channeling the CSL Concept interior, so back at it I go. Nothing exciting to show yet, just me destroying a brand new panel trim piece:





    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by Obioban View Post

    For the last ~5 years or so, I’ve implemented a strategy of oly working on the M3 in the winter (when I’m avoiding salt anyway). Has significantly increased the amount I actually drive the car!
    I am going to have to start doing that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by RockyMtnM3 View Post
    Clicked for build title, staying for the content!

    Agreed with the fast attack approach, my slow-burn mx has impeded my driving desires!
    Haha Thanks! Can't take credit for the title. A long time ago someone titled a thread on an e30 forum "Zen and the Art of E30 Maintenance" (I do get the reference, although never read the book), and I stole the idea. I just can't stomach the slow burn anymore.

    Leave a comment:


  • 0-60motorsports
    replied
    Love it. My favorite Spec too.

    Leave a comment:


  • nextlvel
    replied
    Sid_E46 I see it's gone to a good home

    Leave a comment:


  • Obioban
    replied
    Originally posted by RockyMtnM3 View Post
    Clicked for build title, staying for the content!

    Agreed with the fast attack approach, my slow-burn mx has impeded my driving desires!
    For the last ~5 years or so, I’ve implemented a strategy of oly working on the M3 in the winter (when I’m avoiding salt anyway). Has significantly increased the amount I actually drive the car!

    Leave a comment:


  • RockyMtnM3
    replied
    Clicked for build title, staying for the content!

    Agreed with the fast attack approach, my slow-burn mx has impeded my driving desires!

    Leave a comment:


  • Loopyspec
    replied
    Congrats on the purchase and looking forward to seeing your build!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X