Stupid question - activating Foxwell NT530

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid question - activating Foxwell NT530

Hi - the Chinese product support has been lacking. I just received my new scanner and I can’t activate and download the software. Question for those of you that have this, did you have to connect the SD card that comes with the tool to you computer to download the software? I cannot currently as my computer does not have a SD slot, but of I need to toss might be what I am missing. Thanks.
    ‘04 M3

I can't remember exactly how I got it to work but perhaps the attached document will help in case you don't have it. It doesn't mention anything about the SD card.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah not happy with their customer service
      ‘04 M3

Comment

Finally figured this out, you have to connect the SD card and only the SD card to the computer to register and download the software. I thought you had to connect the scanner with the SD card installed in the scanner. My scanner did not come with an SD card reader, so I had to purchase one separately. I’vei did this I was able to download and unzip the BMW software.

Now I have to find a code explanation table as I have a couple of codes. Am also going to search on all the other things you can do with a scanner (for example o have heard that you can open the ABS system for bleeding the brakes but I have no idea how to do that yet).

Any good threads someone could suggest for this?
        ‘04 M3

Comment

Here are the codes I got … any help decoding them?
          Last edited by Maxhouse97; 12-26-2021, 09:50 AM.
          ‘04 M3

Comment

Working...
          X