PASoft download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PASoft download?

Just had to rebuild my maintenance laptop and lost my old links to a PASoft download. Does anyone have a good lead to this program that works on Win10? Thanks.
    2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
    2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Did you ever find one? I bought a new smaller laptop (windows 10) to replace the ancient brick I had, and have now tried two different cable suppliers (with software) and the files from Evan Goyuk’s YouTube tutorial. Evan’s look like they got the drivers installed correctly via device manager - but the program doesn’t see them. So nada successful and at this point I’m not sure if it’s the .exes, the drivers, or the cables.

Comment

it's pretty straight forward with the key being installing the drivers twice.
      for the software download, i still have it. not sure what forum rules are, but PM me and i'll send you a link to my google drive for the install executable as well as drivers.
      as for installing drivers, this is a copy and paste that i use everytime my drivers reset (from bimmerfest):

Step 4: Install the drivers
      1. Open device manager
        • You can do this by right-clicking the windows logo and then clicking Device Manager in the options that show up
      2. Plug in your BMW Scanner cable to the computer, don't plug it into the car
        • The screen should now refresh and something along the lines of BMW Scanner V14x should appear under Other Devices
      3. Right click the BMW Scanner V14x device and click Update driver in the menu that appears.
      4. On the window that appears, click on Browse my computer for driver software
      5. Now click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
      6. Double click Show All Devices
      7. Click the Have Disk... button
      8. On the dialog that appears click Browse...
      9. Now navigate to the folder where you extracted the drivers (remember step 1?)
      10. Double click the ftdibus.inf file
      11. Click OK
      12. Select USB Serial Converter and click the Next button.
      13. A dialog will appear saying that armageddon will reign down upon you and your computer and that you'll start thermonuclear war because Windows can't verify the publisher of the software. Just click Install this driver software anyway
      14. After a moment, windows should let you know that the driver installed properly. Click Close to leave that window.
      But we aren't done yet. Now you should be looking at the Device Manager window. You'll notice that the BMW Scanner V14x device has disappeared in favour of:
      • a USB Serial Converter device under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and
      • a USB Serial Port device under Other devices, which has an error.
      The last step is to install the USB Serial Port driver. We're at the home stretch. Here we go.
      1. Right click the USB Serial Port device and click Update driver in the menu that appears.
      2. On the window that appears, click on Browse my computer for driver software
      3. Now click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
      4. Double click Show All Devices
      5. Click the Have Disk... button
      6. On the dialog that appears click Browse...
      7. Now navigate to the folder where you extracted the drivers (again, the same one from step 1)
      8. Double click the ftdiport.inf file, NOT the ftdibus.inf file we used in the previous section.
      9. Click OK
      10. Select USB Serial Port. Click the Next button.
      11. The same warning dialog from before will appear. Again, just click Install this driver software anyway
      12. After a moment, windows should let you know that the driver installed properly. Click Close to leave that window.

'06 Carbon Black
      Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

So I got through it last night - it wasn't the cables or the exe. Apparently Windows 10 Build 2004 which was released May 27, 2020 causes the provided drivers to no longer work.

I found a thread in e46f titled: Installing BMW Scanner 1.4 (PA Soft) drivers on Windows 10 build 2004 that details exactly what needs to be done (not sure if I can directly link another forum).

The gist is that you have to go into the two driver files and replace:
        - 0403 with 0333
        - 6001 with 0137

Then reinstall directly from the driver files themselves. Started working like normal at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Nergdnvlt View Post
          So I got through it last night - it wasn't the cables or the exe. Apparently Windows 10 Build 2004 which was released May 27, 2020 causes the provided drivers to no longer work.

I found a thread in e46f titled: Installing BMW Scanner 1.4 (PA Soft) drivers on Windows 10 build 2004 that details exactly what needs to be done (not sure if I can directly link another forum).

The gist is that you have to go into the two driver files and replace:
          - 0403 with 0333
          - 6001 with 0137

Then reinstall directly from the driver files themselves. Started working like normal at that point.
          Where in Colorado are you? I want to build a computer for my car but I’m kinda computer illiterate. And could use some help.

Comment

Working...
          X