Favorite data logging system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite data logging system?

What do you guys use for data logging? Aim solo 2 DL looks nice but I was hit by sticker shock. Any recommendations?

Preferably something I can overlay with GoPro footage

I can’t speak from experience so this is not addressing your question directly but I am cross shopping the Aim Solo2 DL with the new Garmin Catalyst. The garmin is a little more but it looks like a nice package. Might be worth checking out. Hoping for a Black Friday deal on it.

Comment

I like Race Capture from auto sport labs. But its not cheap and requires some tweaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's folks that love AIM and there's the others who love VBox as the true data systems if you're willing to learn how to geek out on it. I've had my AIM solo dl for years and the hardware is rock solid but the company is slow to innovate. Compare that to VBox, where they already have a full data system that can integrate two camera feeds together and support both mac and windows laptops. They all do the same thing in different ways.

There's phone based options, but the data you get from that is so-so at best. Good enough to test out the waters of data acquisition but probably not enough to go super deep.
        2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
        2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

I've heard really good things about AIM and it seems to be quite popular, but no personal experience with it.

Comment

The one positive thing from COVID is the regular free webinars from the AIM team. They're all available on their youtube channel here. They go into the very deep end of data analysis that's possible with the AIM system... however many folks don't go that crazy, especially for the casual HPDE driver.
            2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
            2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Wow. I wasn't getting notifications from this thread. Thanks for the replies everyone. Seems like AIM is probably the best choice. I'd love to get the Original solo DL used for a good deal but nobody is selling them. Not to mention how well they hold their value. At this point, i'll probably wait for a Christmas/black friday sale on solo 2 DL's. Unless Solos 1DL's go for under $400 on black friday. Cant beat that value for money IMO

Comment

If you just want data for the video overlays and lap timer then just use harry's lap timer with BT GPS.

If you want good plug-n-play software interface or want to give the data to coaches then go AIM or Motec etc.

If you want to tinker with it and add experiment with various sensors and have endless customizations, race capture all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone running the mxm?
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Consider buying a used Solo DL.

Comment

Working...
                    X