WTB: 03.5+ E46 M3 6 speed Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: 03.5+ E46 M3 6 speed Coupe

Looking to purchase an 03.5+ e46 m3 in the Tri-state NY/NJ/CT area.
    Willing to travel a bit for the right car. Preferences (Not must haves)

- Color: Prefer Mystic/inter Blue but ok with Silver, grey, jet black... Absolutely NO RED
    - Body: Preferably Slicktop. No convertibles
    - Maintenance: Big 3 done would be great
    - Mods: Not issue if maintenance and mods were done well. The more track oriented the better (seats brackets, bbk, half cage/roll bar, diff gears, etc...)
    - Mileage: sub 150k but more importantly solid maintenance history.
    - Price: Open to discussion, ready to make a move on the correct car. Looking for a headache free transaction.
    - Distance: Prefer a local car that I can check out in person but don't mind having a car shipped as long as PPI checks out and have plenty of details.

Perfect world I'd be looking for a blue 03.5+, slicktop, big 3 done, track mods (seats brackets, half cage, bbk, bimmerworld aero, etc)

Not mine, but Im sure you have seen this one, maybe not

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...45e-5%7D%22%7D

Comment

Sadly that link is just bringing me to the general marketplace.
      Do you have a screenshot of it so if anything I could PM the owner?

Comment

Yes here it is
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Oh My God yes. Thats actually the first one I went to go look at. BEWARE. The guy not only wasted my time (6hrs round trip) but was also not the slightest accommodating with negotiations/payment method nor meetup time. (he didn't understand that 1 person cant have money/title/and car I suggested he take the Cert check and keep the title while I take the car and he would just send the title after cert check clears.) It had a small accident on car fax in the rear right quarter which he stated after I brought it up was replaced by insurance and "you wouldnt even be able to tell.". Fast forward I wake up at the crack of dawn to drive up on a saturday to only see a rear quarter panel that was painted to replicate an orange and clearly had dings in it. This was not even the worse part, the worse part was how the quarter panel got bonded to the car (side skirt and inside trunk gutter area) It looked like your local Macco hired someone off the street and just gave them a whole can of bondo.... He also tried to close the trunk on my friend twice while looking at the area.

Oh also, it was missing 4 blades on the clutch fan stating its not a big deal and the best deal he would give me was 200 off and that he was doing me a favor.

Sorry about the rant but either way I appreciate the help lvm3sm46

Comment

Damn, thats some story. I keep hearing about similar ones. People are just not being honest and up front, then you get there and realize you wasted a massive amount of time and money.
            I drove to MD to look at one a few weeks ago, picked ups a rental trailer with my truck and was heading down there to make the deal. Well let me tell you it was nothing like the pictures showed or as the owner described. I wasted about 12 hours of driving and a few hundred bucks in gas, tolls, and trailer rental.

I swore I would never do that again.

2 weeks ago I picked one up in CT, Im sure you saw it. The 04 6spd black with the BBS wheels. I probably overpaid by $2k but its a solid and clean car and prices keep going up.

I'll keep my eye out for you but I am sure you are on top of everything that comes to market.\

PS are you from New Zealand?

Comment

Man I feel you on that one. Im trying to be on top of everything but the good ones are the ones that are "thinking about selling" haha.

I am not my first name is Kiwi

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiflavored View Post
                Man I feel you on that one. Im trying to be on top of everything but the good ones are the ones that are "thinking about selling" haha.

I am not my first name is Kiwi
                My interior is kiwi, but its not for sale.

Comment

Sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X