Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 of 2 Interlagos on Individual White (no affiliation)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Duck360198
    replied
    As the current owner I'm happy to provide some background for you on this. First, the color combo was gorgeous on BaT and it was spectacular in person. My opinion of course. This was a 1 owner car, and literally one person had ever been in this car. The leather is beautiful whether you like white or not.

    It's interesting how some see the final price from BaT and see the asking price and assume that's the money that's being made. Sorry, that's not how it works. $63,900 was a "shoot for the stars" number but it's at least a starting point for conversations with the right buyer. I never expect to sell a car for asking price. This car caters to a specific person. I'm 100% a production numbers guy. This car was purely an impulse buy because of the "1 of 2" designation, 1 owner history, and it checked all my favorite boxes with options (slicktop, no nav, 6MT). You've all seen the BaT ad, the car had spare parts, a few mods, and the situation as a whole with the owner passing away and the widow selling (via family friend) was a unique one. When I got the car, I took it back to 100% stock. This car deserved that. But with all things said and done there were still a few things that needed addressing. My asking price was based on ME taking care of all of those items. But they were also items that I feel the new buyer would want control over, so I didn't take care of them and would leave them as negotiation points.

    I'm not going to get into the specifics of pricing, but I have every single penny accounted for on this car from BaT fees down to my last gas receipt. Timing is obviously the worst with the pandemic. The first offer I received was in the neighborhood of the auction because they were familiar with the auction. After a couple weeks of negotiation we were on the same page because I was fully transparent with the guy. I came down a lot more than he went up but it was a number that was fair to both of us. In the end, I'm out just over $1K from my breakeven number. Deposit was received yesterday, car will be sold on Tuesday.

    Small price to pay to enjoy this car for 18 months. 560 miles, but it was certainly enjoyed regardless of what anyone thinks. Car was never intended to be a flip. The E46 M3 is my favorite M model and I think the future is going to be a beautiful thing for clean examples of this car. I'll probably regret selling this one, but I picked up two other E46 M3's that I wanted to toy with and of the cars in the garage, this one made the most sense to dump because financially I can't keep it and get two other E46 M3's.

    Originally posted by Inizes View Post
    Seems like he’s owned the car for 18 months and enjoyed his time with it and is ready to move on.
    BINGO! This guy gets it 100%.

    Leave a comment:


  • Duck360198
    replied
    Here I am! 😀 I recently found out this forum existed. Super bummed I lost all my PM's over from m3forum.net. Really had some great conversations I would have liked to have kept record of. *sigh*

    Leave a comment:


  • oceansize
    replied
    Elvis wants his car back. But seriously this is one of those cars I look at and say yeah that is cool and then the next second I cringe. Of course that doesn't matter in the slightest as I'm not going to own it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bostonbruck
    replied
    Overpriced..

    Leave a comment:


  • old///MFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Inizes View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I didn’t say I had an issue with it at all? Just pointed out the 13k asking difference. Asking price is 26% profit which is pretty solid. I absolutely always wish the best to the seller and don’t have any issues with people trying to make money. Why would you ever go for anything less? Seems like he’s owned the car for 18 months and enjoyed his time with it and is ready to move on.
    Just don't mention "flip" to some people I guess. 😝

    Yep looks like after some 560 miles it was worth asking $13,000 more during a pandemic. 🤔

    It is a beauty of an E46, and most likely shall go to somone else who will keep it "underglass".

    Leave a comment:


  • mainstreamer00
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
    Can’t have any ladies in shorts and lotioned legs in the seats either....bummer...
    Actually, just like, don't have people in it.
    And probably shouldn't drive it.
    Just stick it in a bubble for a few years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Leave a comment:


  • Inizes
    replied
    I don’t understand why people get white seats in cars like a Model 3. Maybe I’m just a messy person, although I don’t eat or drink anything other than water in my car. I just see a pure white turning to gray/brown so quickly.

    but damn it looks good when clean.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWahba
    replied
    Can’t have any ladies in shorts and lotioned legs in the seats either....bummer...

    Leave a comment:


  • mainstreamer00
    replied
    Man... beautiful car, but don't wear your raw denim 😑

    Leave a comment:


  • Zezorro
    replied
    Thanks for answer, I don't blame you I just wanted to look on it from other side . Actually his asking price is around 15% more than he paid because he paid bat fee, shipping, he also wrote that he did inspection ll so I guess he spent around 55k into it. This interior looks horrible in my opinion and it's gonna be hard to get asking money so I expect 5-10% profit maximum if he sells it.... Happy weekend guys, I can't wait to enjoy my M cars after this pandemic .....

    Leave a comment:


  • ghostofsenna
    replied
    I think you read that when people call out a car for being flipped that it's that person speaking negatively on the car. It's really just more information to help us enthusiasts. And certainly not confidential information--ownership changes will be stated on the Carfax reporting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Inizes
    replied
    Originally posted by Zezorro View Post
    I see second car where people complain about flip. What is wrong with flip? Better that forum member make some money than dealer because usually they know history of the car and they fix issues. Dealer just clean it and try to sell it with 20%+ profit . I seen few flips on bat 06 zcp titanium silver , guy bought if for 30k invested 5k and sold it for 41 ... Its nothing wrong that somebody wants to pay more than owner paid . I seen on other forum nice carbon black 06 zcp 106k miles with vanos rebuilt and rod bearings inspection ll for 22k. Probably sold for 20-21k ..S titanium silver non zcp m3 sold on bat for similar prices . ZCP is always worth more .... Half of housing transactions are flips. I know a lot people who made tons of money on flips during last housing bubble . They bought house day later they put it on market with 10%+ , they always found somebody who bought it and nobody complained . I don't see nothing wrong with flips if people fixed issues, did some maintenance and asking price is right . We can't blame people that they made some profit if they spent time and money into it. Greetings
    Welcome to the forum. I didn’t say I had an issue with it at all? Just pointed out the 13k asking difference. Asking price is 26% profit which is pretty solid (not including shipping, insurance, BaT fees, etc). I absolutely always wish the best to the seller and don’t have any issues with people trying to make money. Why would you ever go for anything less? Seems like he’s owned the car for 18 months and enjoyed his time with it and is ready to move on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zezorro
    replied
    I see second car where people complain about flip. What is wrong with flip? Better that forum member make some money than dealer because usually they know history of the car and they fix issues. Dealer just clean it and try to sell it with 20%+ profit . I seen few flips on bat 06 zcp titanium silver , guy bought if for 30k invested 5k and sold it for 41 ... Its nothing wrong that somebody wants to pay more than owner paid . I seen on other forum nice carbon black 06 zcp 106k miles with vanos rebuilt and rod bearings inspection ll for 22k. Probably sold for 20-21k ..S titanium silver non zcp m3 sold on bat for similar prices . ZCP is always worth more .... Half of housing transactions are flips. I know a lot people who made tons of money on flips during last housing bubble . They bought house day later they put it on market with 10%+ , they always found somebody who bought it and nobody complained . I don't see nothing wrong with flips if people fixed issues, did some maintenance and asking price is right . We can't blame people that they made some profit if they spent time and money into it. Greetings

    Leave a comment:


  • Inizes
    replied
    Looks like he’s going for a bit of a flip. Definitely a collector car

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWahba
    replied
    Sweet, that's Duck's car. He was a forum member on M3F, has a nice collection of M's. He might not know about this board. He bought that car on BaT.
    Bid for the chance to own a 18k-Mile 2005 BMW M3 Competition Package 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #13,092.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X