Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 2003 M3 Vert 6MT Steel grey on Imola

**Fairfax, VA**

2003 BMW M3 Convertible, true 6-speed manual, 99k miles, born as Steel Grey on Cinnamon, but has had an interior swap to Imola red. I am asking for $24,995 or best offer. I still have the original interior and it is available for purchase with the car at an additional cost if desired. (I will NOT sell the extra interior until after I have sold the car). This is a very well-maintained vehicle and has been a garage queen for the 5-plus years that I have owned it. I have driven this car about 6k miles since purchasing it and it runs and pulls strong just as you’d expect it to. I had originally to keep this car forever and I am only selling it because I finally came across a Laguna Seca Blue M3 Vert 6MT and have decided to begin the arduous task of restoring that.

There have been a few tasteful modifications over the years but the engine, suspension, exhaust and transmission all remain in stock condition. The minor mods include a BMW short shifter, oem ZCP wheels (19 inch), a brand-new full interior ZHP cube trim set ($1450), an auxiliary jack added to the center console, aftermarket Turner aluminum pedals, a few speakers have been upgraded, the console cupholders were replaced with the European-version oem slide-top compartment, and I replaced the front and side chrome grilles with matte black ones. The tires are Continentals and I purchased them new right after I bought the car. They now have about 6k miles on them and are in excellent condition. The title is clean, I have it in-hand and both the CarFax and Autocheck reports are clean. No stories, no surprises and I am an ethical and transparent seller.

The Big Three, of course you’re going to ask. The rod bearings were replaced by BMW in October of 2004. The Vanos has not yet been done, but the car goes to Martin Motorsports in Alexandria, VA for service and has had the Vanos system tested for operation. No issues were found and that runs beautifully. The subframe has not yet been reinforced but I have had the subframe inspected and no cracks were found. If you have concerns, I understand and I am very open to having a PPI completed prior to sale at the buyer’s expense.

Cosmetically, the car is in well above average condition. The bumpers appear to have been repainted at some point, but the rest of the car has the original paint. There is some road rash on the hood, the fenders and front bumper, but it is minor to average in severity. The interior looks beautiful and the interior swap seats came from Johnny at BMW Restored Seats in CT. They’re not perfect but they’re in far better shape than the original interior and the Imola really “pops” against the steel grey paint. The wheels are in good shape, there is a small amount of curb rash on two of the wheels, but these wheels are much easier to repair compared to the oem style 67 19s.

The bad:

· There is a slight oil leak from the valve cover gasket, but I have not had to add any oil in well over a year

· There are 2-3 very light dings on the body

· There is a small blemish on the trim on the driver’s side a-pillar

· There is some slight bubbling of the paint on the passenger sideview mirror

· The oem radio display is missing a few pixels due to age

· There is a small 1/3“ slice in the leather on the back of the driver’s seat (hardly noticeable I’m told)

The good:

· All airbag recalls completed by BMW under my ownership

· The interior rearview mirror was replaced (for distortion) by BMW in March 2009

· New oem drive shaft in July 2017

· All fluids changed with oem fluids July 2017

· New rear diff cover assembly in July 2017

· New starter July 2017

· Updated CPV replaced in June 2020

· 100k service completed in Sept 2020

· Newer battery installed in 2021

· New alternator June 2021

· New black oem M3 carpeted floor mats added in 2021

· I have all of the owner’s manuals and an original 2003 3-series showroom brochure

· I have all of my receipts and a BMW service history record for the vehicle dating back to when new

· A car cover is also included in the sale

Please email me to arrange for a viewing and test drive of this beautiful car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Working...
X