Clear All

FS: 2002 Topaz Blue/Dove Grey M3 Manual Coupe, California Car, 2-Owner car

2002 BMW E46 M3 Manual Coupe - $32,000
    Mileage: 126,XXX
    Exterior: Topaz Blue Metallic
    Interior: Dove Grey Nappa Leather
    Powered & Heated seats, sunroof
    Big 3: Rod bearings replaced, VANOS serviced, subframe not yet reinforced

full album here (exterior, interior, undercarriage): https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...3piIQb1hknmHN5

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 5.30.24 PM.png

Selling my 2002 BMW E46 M3 coupe with original 6-speed manual transmission. Topaz Blue Metallic on Dove Grey interior. I’m the second owner of this M3, I purchased this car in California and shipped it east, sight unseen. The car has lived in Palo Alto its whole life. It has been garaged its entire life as well- with its original owner and here with me in PA. The car has never seen snow, salty roads, nor experienced any real winter driving. This is a completely rust-free California car with an accident-free Carfax report and a clean title in the seller’s name (my name). The car currently sits at 126k mi which will go up slightly for some weekend driving in warm weather.

I’m looking to sell the car because I’m at a point where it is hard to justify owning while living in a city. I pay to store, insure, and maintain it- but rarely have the chance to drive it anymore- I’d rather have someone else own it and actually be able to drive it.

Aside from an upgraded head unit (Avin Avant 4 with wireless CarPlay) and Bavsound speaker system, this is a completely stock car. The original owner was a software engineer at Big Fruit Company among others in Silicon Valley. He was not much of a car enthusiast, he just drove the car and kept it very well maintained for nearly 20 years. I have every service record for this car going back to its delivery in 2001, the cars original window sticker, and all 4 original keys.

The paint is in great shape for a 20 year old car. In January of 2022 the front bumper was professionally painted due to rock chips and curb rash over the years, and a PPF film had been applied. The color match is great and the paint shop did a very nice job. Some rock chips are present on the hood, and one or two (very minor) dings in the body. There is also a minor scrape on the driver’s side of the rear bumper cover. The interior is in excellent shape as well. There are no cracks, rips, or tears in the leather, aside from slight cracking in the shoulder area of the drivers seat. It is currently sitting on Bridgestone Potenza max performance summer tires.

This M3 was originally serviced at BMW Mountain View, and then at other Euro/BMW shops around the San Francisco Bay Area. On the east coast, it has been serviced by Rogue Engineering in NJ and Bechtel Bavarian in Philadelphia, PA. All recalls have been performed by BMW.

Recent notable work done to the car:

-125k: Oil change, brake flush, coolant flush, transmission fluid flush, diff fluid flush, new oil pan, sunroof shade clip repair (self repair)
    -124.5k: drivers side rear window motor replaced (self repair)
    -123.5k: Oil change & oil analysis
    -120k: Rod bearings & motor mounts replaced, oil change- Rogue Engineering, NJ
    -119k: Door lock actuators replaced
    -118k: Front brake pads & rotors replaced, hood struts & trunk struts replaced, oil change
    -114k: new battery & alternator (2019)
    -113k: rear brake pads & rotors replaced, brake system flushed, all pulleys and belts replaced, power steering system refreshed
    -106k: CPV Valve replaced
    -98k: Inspection 2 service, right rear wheel bearing replaced
    -80K: Inspection 1 service, VANOS servicing (all new seals, O-rings, timing chain tensioner, new bolts)
    -70k: Inspection 2 service
    -62k: Oil change, O2 sensor replacement
    -56k: RTABS replaced
    -53k: Inspection 1 service

The subframe has not been reinforced, but is regularly inspected when the car is up on a lift. If the buyer so chooses, the subframe can be reinforced and included in the purchase as a down payment/security on the car. The car will also come with its original Business Class radio/CD changer.

Please, no trades and no low-ball offers. My classic car insurance policy values the car at my asking price, and I’m looking to stay at that valuation. Pre-purchase inspections are recommended and welcome at the buyer’s expense.

On a personal note, this is a very sweet vehicle. Each time I drive it, I fall in love with it again & again which makes it hard for me to sell. I’m really looking for someone to care for it as much as I have during my ownership.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 5.31.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-03 at 5.37.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-03 at 5.32.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-03 at 5.34.38 PM.png
    Last edited by scubastove; 08-03-2022, 02:05 PM.

Bump. I'm preparing to get the car ready for sale this upcoming Spring season. If any interest please PM me.

Comment

Looks like a well maintained car, but I don’t see a world where an ‘02 with 125k+ miles and grey interior sells for >$30k. For reference Hagerty keeps recommending that I up the value on my ‘05 ZCP 6MT with ~90k miles to $70k, but I think we all know that’s close to twice what it’s actually worth to real buyers.

Comment

Working...
      X