Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler, for trade: Slicktop, No-Nav, Cloth Interior E90 M3 for E46 M3

Hello all,

I feel incredibly guilty about writing this but I'm considering trading my E90 M3 for an E46 M3. This is just a feeler to gauge interest, I have spent dozens of hours and many thousands of dollars getting my E90 M3 to the point it's at now. I was hoping to keep this car forever (or for at least 10+ years) but I've been getting the itch to go back to a more "raw" driving experience. If no one here takes it off my hands I'll most likely continue to develop it into the ultimate daily/track "Clubsport" spec E90. This car is not for sale, only for trade for the "right" E46 which I will go into depth on in the following section.

What kind of E46 I'm looking for:
    - Coupe, no verts
    - Manual (SMG is acceptable if it checks off ALL of the other boxes)
    - No rust
    - Lower ownership history (sub 3/4)
    - Lengthy maintenance history
    - No major paint/interior defects
    - Tasteful modifications (quality coil-overs, 3.91/4.10 gears, poly & spherical bushings, etc) preferred--not a deal-breaker
    - "Big-3" maintenance items completed would be preferred--not a deal-breaker
    - Imola red OR Alpine White exterior color would be preferred--not a deal-breaker
    - Any interior color EXCEPT for grey preferred--not a deal-breaker
    - Lower optioned car like mine: no sunroof, business radio (no-nav) preferred--not a deal-breaker

Now, as for my car. After each mod listed will be the # of miles in which the modification/maintenance item was completed:

E90 LCI Slicktop, cloth-interior, single hump (no navigation)

History:
    I am the third owner, the first two owners were also BMW enthusiasts. The first owner optioned the car himself and took delivery of it in Germany (where I believe he was stationed in the Navy/Military.) After three years of the car living in Germany & Switzerland, he imported the car back to his home town of San Diego. In 2018, he finally traded the car in to BMW of San Deigo for a new BMW. The second owner (the gentleman I purchased the car from) bought it as a CPO. He owned it for two years, doing regular maintenance--full fluid flush, brakes, etc. and then passed the car onto me to fund the purchase of a Porsche 911 GT3 RS. The car currently sits at just over 100k miles.

Engine/Maintenace:
    - Rod Bearings & Rod Bolts replaced by MRF Engineering. Malek at MRF uses his own spec Clevite/MAHLE Calico CT-1 Coated extra clearance bearings with ARP rod bolts -97k
    - Oil pan gasket, oil pickup hardware, power steering system flush, and coolant flush were also completed when the rod bearings were being done. -97k
    - Engine mounts (OE for comfort) -97k
    - Transmission mounts (OE for comfort) -97k
    - Exhaust hangers -97k
    - Alpine tune & GTS DCT flash (fairly conservative tune.) -96k
    - throttle body actuators replaced under BMW warranty ~68k

Suspension:
    - KW Clubsports with Eibach 110lb KW spec front springs (purchased new and put onto the car) ~93k
    - Hotchkis Swaybars with new swaybar bushings -97k
    - MRF Engineering solid rear subframe bushings. This upgrade is huge! No added NVH, and really transform the way the car feels -97k
    - Diff bushings (OE for comfort, no annoying whine) -97k
    - SPL front end links (custom length to match the KWs & Hotchkis swaybars) -97k
    - SPL monoball front tension arm bushings pressed into OE tension arms -97k
    - MRG Titanium 82mm wheel studs ~93k

Brakes:
    - All new brake hardlines -97k
    - Bimmerworld stainless steel brake lines -97k
    - Cool Carbon street brake pads front & rear -95k
    - RBF 600 brake fluid -97k

Wheels & Tires:
    - Apex ARC-8s, 18x10et25 front - 18x10.5 et27 rear -97k
    - Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, 275/35r18 squared (almost new, sub-1000mi) -103k
    - HUF TPMS sensors -103k

Throughout my ownership, I have also upgraded other misc. bits to refresh the car, and I'm still in the process of doing that. This includes new steering wheel trim, speaker grills, interior A-pillar cloth, etc, etc.

Pictures:

If you think you have something, please either send me a PM or shoot me a message @ (443) 221-9100.
    Last edited by cornerbalanced; 11-07-2020, 02:40 PM.

Fantastic spec. If I were to trade for an E90 (I think about it sometimes) this would be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mpower04 View Post
      Fantastic spec. If I were to trade for an E90 (I think about it sometimes) this would be it.
      Thanks for the kind words! I highly suggest driving one if you haven’t; they’re so different from E46s (in a positive manner) yet you can feel the correlation between the two. Your spec isn’t so bad either Slicktop LSB is the dream, halogen lights are rad as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerbalanced View Post

Thanks for the kind words! I highly suggest driving one if you haven’t; they’re so different from E46s (in a positive manner) yet you can feel the correlation between the two. Your spec isn’t so bad either Slicktop LSB is the dream, halogen lights are rad as well.
        I used to have a supercharged E92 M3 but always wanted an E90 deep down.

Comment

Very nice, these will be future classics as well with the end of an era NA V8.

Comment

what happened to the TE37s?
            2005 IR M3 Slick Top 6speed. Mods - too much to list!
            18 R8 RWS.
            19 Vantage
            15 YMB F80 M3 DCT - gone
            Other cars too boring to list.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperboost View Post
              what happened to the TE37s?
              Got rid of them maybe half a year ago? They were OG Bronze TE37s purchased brand new—I’ll probably regret getting rid of them down the road. I’m currently looking to go to an OEM 219M squared setup so as to not draw too much attention to my daily. The goal is the ultimate canyon “sleeper” — looks like a fairly stock 4-door BMW on the outside to the uninitiated but underneath it has full monoball/spherical bushings, 400whp, so on.

Comment

Working...
              X