Want to buy my Dream Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Want to buy my Dream Car

Well, this is a post I'd never thought I'd be making. I've done many hours of research, crunching the numbers, and throwing money into the piggy bank to be able to responsibly purchase my dream E46 M3 and I hope you guys can point me in the right direction.

- Coupe only, no convertibles

- Budget is $20k, pretty firm on this. Wouldn't be opposed to paying slightly more for something special.

- Around 100k miles, preferably less than 120k. Anything under 90k is likely too nice for me to daily drive in Maryland (and too expensive 😁)

- 6-Speed Manual HIGHLY preferred. While I know a swap is a viable option it's far too much for a "brakes and suspension" type of DIY'er. I don't want to have to put down $3k-$4k immediately for a swap (unless it's in a rare color like Oxford/Laguna Seca and the price is far too good to pass up).

- The big three --> at least two out of the big three is strongly preferred, but would take a car that doesn't have them done if priced correctly (far lower than $20k obviously).

- Imola Red and Oxford Green are my two first choices but I'm not very picky on the color. However, I'm not keen on Titanium Silver and I strongly dislike Carbon Black. No dove grey interiors (unless LSB lol)

- A minor accident isn't a dealbreaker if the price is right (and it's been repaired properly). Salvage title is a dealbreaker.

I think this covers most of the major stuff. I'm really looking for a clean driver quality car that's at an affordable price and I don't have to worry about breaking down on me immediately. I'd like to have some cash leftover for maintenance and mods. We're still in a pandemic so I don't want to travel a crazy distance away from MD but I'd be down for a road trip on the right car. Any leads will be much appreciated and thank you to everyone who ends up reading this!
    2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Bump. Anyone in the Mid-Atlantic selling for $20k or less?

Comment

OG and LSB are pretty desirable colors, I’d wager that imola is getting harder to find as well... Consider looking at some cars in TX or West Coast. For $20k in Mid Atlantic I was finding rust buckets or shitboxes.

PPI + Shipping still might be cheaper than rust mitigation.
      Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
        OG and LSB are pretty desirable colors, I’d wager that imola is getting harder to find as well... Consider looking at some cars in TX or West Coast. For $20k in Mid Atlantic, I was finding rust buckets or shitboxes.

PPI + Shipping still might be cheaper than rust mitigation.
        If it wasn't for covid I'd almost certainly be doing nationwide searches with the intent to fly out and road trip back home. I'm really scared to get on an Airplane right now though.

Comment

Working...
        X