Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IND | Karbonius E46 M3 CSL Full Carbon Airbox

Karbonius-Kit_1024x1024.jpg

IND is proud to welcome some of the best carbon BMW products available to​ our catalog with Karbonius Composites.

*LIMITED STOCK*

The BMW E46 M3 CSL is one of the most famous and mythical cars in the world, and part of the success is due it's carbon airbox. The intake generates what is probably one of the best noises of any sports car. The Karbonius CSL Style Airbox weighs in at a scant 1.7kg. It is made with 100% prepreg carbon fiber and baked at 125º in an autoclave at their facility in Spain under ISO 9001 Management Quality System rules by qualified staff. It is recognized as probably the best CSL style carbon airbox on the market.

The Karbonius CSL style airbox is based on 3D scans of a genuine OE CSL airbox, but presents several differences from the original:
    1. Trumpets made in carbon fiber instead in plastic: Resulting in additional weight reduction.
    2. Diameter and shape of the trumpets have been modified: Our larger diameter 51.5mm (vs 50mm) trumpets with a modified shape contribute to better airflow inside the engine.
    3. Exclusive 6th trumpet design: The standard 6th trumpet gets less air, so the shape has been redesigned to increase airflow.
    4. Softened internal chamber shape with sanding and clearcoat: Works to minimize the air turbulence inside the airbox.
    All aluminum components are CNC Machined and anodized, with aluminum threads and stainless-steel hardware. We put a lot of attention towards matching the direction of the weave on our airbox, so the piece presents a perfect match between both sides and also creates a hermetic seal with a neoprene foam gasket between front/rear part.

Depending on other modifications and tune, expected gains are up to 25hp plus improved throttle response and a fantastic induction roar.

Product Details:
    • Airbox only, Air Filter and Snorkel available separately
    • 100% Prepreg Carbon Fiber cured in Autoclave
    • CNC Machined Aluminum Components
    • Stainless-Steel Hardware
    • Ventilation Valve Bracket
    • M POWER Sticker
    • Certificate of Authenticity
    • 5 Year Warranty
    • OPTIONAL IND-INSTALL KIT:
      • OE BMW M3 CSL IAT Sensor
      • Alpha N MAF-to-IAT Conversion Harness
      • OE BMW M3 CSL Air Shut-Off Valve
      • OE BMW M3 CSL Crankcase Vent Hose
      • OE SMG Reservoir and Bracket for SMG-Equipped M3s
    • OPTIONAL ESS E46 M3 Alpha-N E-Flash ECU Tuning Software
    Application Guide:
    • BMW M3 E46
    • BMW Z3M S54B32
    Installation is relatively easy, but several additional OE parts must be changed to run this airbox.

Warnings: It is customer’s responsibility to check local laws for ensure legality when using this product on public roads and highways.

Karbonius Composites bets on the quality of our products, which are made of 100% prepreg carbon fiber and cured in an autoclave at our facilities in Spain through a manual process, by highly qualified personnel, and under exhaustive quality controls. Because we are conscious of the quality of all our products, our experience in composites manufacture, and the hundreds of satisfied clients all over the world, our aim is the satisfaction of the client through an exceptional product. All our pieces are numbered, so the origin and authenticity are guaranteed.

Karbonius E46 M3 CSL Full Carbon Airbox may be viewed at the following link to our online store:
    https://ind-distribution.com/product...-carbon-airbox

Please contact IND by phone or email for more information or to place your order.
    866.963.4520 | info@ind-distribution.com

51101446887_b9f9e88a3d_b.jpg
    51102264795_0044a6194d_b.jpg

51101446832_6a767f2cc7_b.jpg
    51101348911_b23d600d13_b.jpg
    51101348866_8cf7cefd29_b.jpg
    51101446692_bcb2963113_b.jpg

51102265540_088cf15c4b_b.jpg
    51102265455_35f3c09f07_b.jpg
    51102265410_a5a1c61903_b.jpg
    51102265120_caf6434793_b.jpg
    51101431004_f4780cf7b0_b.jpg
    51102264955_ecbe2da4e5_b.jpg
    51415416183_280bbd29a8_b.jpg
    51416133955_2e6ca91007_b.jpg

51144848181_cbc782acbc_b.jpg

42026809075_4d90f8ef31_b.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by IND-Distribution; 01-27-2022, 07:43 AM.
    IND DISTRIBUTION | 847-963-4520 • INSTAGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEFLICKR

Are these actually instock?? Or do you guys order them directly from Karb
    Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

put a price tag on this not a link, its $23xx to $31xx. I'd go with the turner option

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
        Are these actually instock?? Or do you guys order them directly from Karb
        These are in stock. We have more incoming, but our first batch is nearly sold out. They tend to move very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by IND-Distribution View Post
          These are in stock. We have more incoming, but our first batch is nearly sold out. They tend to move very quickly.
          I got one from ryan today. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 332 View Post
            put a price tag on this not a link, its $23xx to $31xx. I'd go with the turner option
            hard pass on the turner box.. read the threads about it.

Comment

I got one from ryan today. Thanks!
              Can't wait to see the install!

Comment

hard pass on the turner box.. read the threads about it.
                They're good for the price. $1500 is a darn good deal for a pretty good quality box. Obviously Karb is pretty much perfected however I do prefer the velocity stack design in the Turner box.
                This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

They're good for the price. $1500 is a darn good deal for a pretty good quality box. Obviously Karb is pretty much perfected however I do prefer the velocity stack design in the Turner box.
                  Karbonius has revamped their trumpet design several times. I think they are on v3 or v4 of the trumpets alone and I believe is the superior design.

E46AD02_2-500x285.jpg

Comment

Karbonius has revamped their trumpet design several times. I think they are on v3 or v4 of the trumpets alone and I believe is the superior design.
                    There really is no superior shape but rather a shape for what the application is. That is basically the OEM design which is perfectly fine for drivability. The elongation of trumpet keeps some lower end power while sacrificing a little top end. It's for drivability and if that's the concern, then yes, this is that perfect balance. The Turner box may have a few horsepower at 8000rpm but may 1 or 2 less at 4000rpm. Obviously those number are arbitrary and just for an example. The only real way to know is maybe on a flow bench, measuring the CFM, and examining the intake pulses. The pulses are key in this design.
                    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

E46AD02_2-500x285.jpg
                      Put your money where your mouth is, buy it show us a dyno... till then

Comment

Waiting for the next batch 😛😛😛

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stack View Post
                          Waiting for the next batch 😛😛😛

Soon! We will post an update as soon as we're restocked.

Comment

Any ETA’s on incoming shipments ?

Comment

Carbon Airbox and Snorkels with install kits are back in stock in limited quantities! We currently only have the OE BMW CSL replacement filters made by BMC in stock.

Last edited by IND-Distribution; 01-21-2022, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X