Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think i'd get £45k for my CSL?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Do you think i'd get £45k for my CSL?

    Sat at my computer bored, cup of coffee, scanning Pistonheads classifieds :whistle:

    So, do i sell up now and look for a GT3 (probably gen1 ClubSport if i can find a MINT low-mileage example with Porsche warranty) or keep the CSL?

    31.5k miles
    4 previous owners
    FULL BMW SH (7 BMW stamps in total including pre-delivery check and running in service at 1240)
    BMW warranty
    No modifications - 100% original

    don't really want to sell unless I'm definitely going to replace it with a GT3 - nothing else atm would get me out of my CSL. Tempted to hold with the CSL and wait to see if GT3 prices drop a little. Or do i just keep the CSL and forget the GT3 (had one before (gen2) but had to sell to release some cash) :bigcry:

    #2
    Try it.

    Comment


      #3
      Simple answer is YES. Market is red hot for cars like this. Only advertise if you really want to sell tho as it will definitely sell.

      Comment


        #4
        I wouldn't advertise it for less than 45k. You may have to settle for slightly less. IIRC Hexagon sold a 27000 mile SG car (which was in lovely condition for. ~45k)within the last couple of months.
        Will you regret selling the CSL? Maybe. The 997.1 is a very different proposition, in my opinion it's less engaging than the CSL partly due to the damping. That aid the GT3 is a very quick accomplished piece of kit. A 996 GT3 CS would give you greater levels of engagement - it's more of a raw experience. The 996 feels more alive at all speeds whereas the 997 is so accomplished you have to be seriously pressing on before it starts to feel alive.
        A difficult decision.

        Comment


          #5
          It's a bit ugly though is the 996. I couldn't swap the CSL for one. It's not just about driving the car for me - i like to take a beer into the garage some nights and make sure she's still there... if you know what i mean :yawinkle:

          I've had a 997.2 GT3 before so know what i'd be getting myself into. 7.1 is near as dammit as good (for me), and tbh i don't drive them hard enough to notice the extra 10-15% improvement of the 7.2.

          A bigger garage and deeper pockets is what i really need though! I might take some photo's of CSL when i get the chance and try it at £45k.

          Cheers all for replies :thumbs:

          Comment


            #6
            I'd be interested to see what happens at £45. I've owned mine for 8 years and she is on 31000 miles. All the stamps, warranty etc etc.

            Now the kids are at private school, it might just be handy for fees should I need to raise some funds one day.

            Comment


              #7
              Good luck i think you will need it :whistle:

              Comment


                #8
                would be interesting to see what you get as mine only has 21k on it :thumbs:

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by CraigMillwardCroft View Post
                  would be interesting to see what you get as mine only has 21k on it :thumbs:
                  One lady owner....

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by MCSL
                    Sat at my computer bored, cup of coffee, scanning Pistonheads classifieds :whistle:

                    So, do i sell up now and look for a GT3 (probably gen1 ClubSport if i can find a MINT low-mileage example with Porsche warranty) or keep the CSL?

                    31.5k miles
                    4 previous owners
                    FULL BMW SH (7 BMW stamps in total including pre-delivery check and running in service at 1240)
                    BMW warranty
                    No modifications - 100% original

                    don't really want to sell unless I'm definitely going to replace it with a GT3 - nothing else atm would get me out of my CSL. Tempted to hold with the CSL and wait to see if GT3 prices drop a little. Or do i just keep the CSL and forget the GT3 (had one before (gen2) but had to sell to release some cash) :bigcry:
                    Privately I think 45K is optimistic.

                    Offer £42K, take bids no less than £38K

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by CraigMillwardCroft View Post
                      would be interesting to see what you get as mine only has 21k on it :thumbs:
                      And never tracked !

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Is there any person(s) on here that are the original owner of their CSL?

                        Just wondering whether you were hopeful with the future values and hung on them for the last decade or jumped?

                        I remember when BMW were struggling to shift these when new, my mum bought a new E46 M3 vert and you could get a CSL for less than a full spec boggo E46 M3!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Babw View Post
                          Is there any person(s) on here that are the original owner of their CSL?

                          Just wondering whether you were hopeful with the future values and hung on them for the last decade or jumped?

                          I remember when BMW were struggling to shift these when new, my mum bought a new E46 M3 vert and you could get a CSL for less than a full spec boggo E46 M3!
                          Yup,a couple of folks...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Well if this is at £44k then I wouldn't be advertising at anything less than £50k....

                            Comment


                              #15
                              its interesting the values of CSL's ... I've just sold my RangeRover and looking for a nice Porsche 964 or 993 C2 as a daily

                              I've budgeted just over £30K

                              Looked at 6 different 964 C2's this week all with rep specialist dealers ( all down south ) and to be honest there was not one I'd buy for the money they were asking as they all had body or paint issues , apart from one of them that was up for £40K

                              Travelling back home I realised what a bargain a CSL is ... a low production , highly praised ( every new M3 / 4 is going to be compared against the csl by the press ) desirable 'classic'

                              Even my wife , who hates the car , can see why us blokes want one :hahaha:

                              964RS , press ripped it to shreds on launch ... 964 C2 , unloved for years and now you can't seem to find a nice one.

                              Ive been toying with selling my car, but now realise how difficult it would be to replace it with anything comparable .... we shouldnt undersell our CSL's

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X