Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

track day tyres

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    if i went 18s and square setup, will my alignment be out of whack (ie rubbing)?

    what alloys recommended?

    I'm think APex or 2forged 18X9.5 et 22 or 35.. my understanding from the fitment guide is you need 3 degrees of camber to use et35. anyone using that for a track car that needs to be driven to the track?

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by khooni View Post
      if i went 18s and square setup, will my alignment be out of whack (ie rubbing)?

      what alloys recommended?

      I'm think APex or 2forged 18X9.5 et 22 or 35.. my understanding from the fitment guide is you need 3 degrees of camber to use et35. anyone using that for a track car that needs to be driven to the track?
      The rolling radius of 265/30 x 19 and 265/35 x 18 is practically the same, so no changes to alignment needed on the rear. There is under 14mm circumference difference compare to a 235/35 x 19, so again, negligible difference.

      Comment


        #18
        tx

        just ordered 265/35 /18 with ET 35 offset square and looking forward to Monday

        Comment


          #19
          the square setup is great on track. so much more grip that it transforms the cornering speeds. Maybe the nankang AR-1s helped too...

          I'm well chuffed. going to start timing again to see the improvements as I haven't been timing for 2 years. head in the sand mentality so I'm not stressed about lap times.

          anyways, there was so much pickup at silverstone that the left front is rubbing. Might need 5mm spacers.

          anywho.. brands gp next

          Comment


            #20
            so
            whilst i'm enjoying the 18" square setup, i do have rubbing issues that would benefit from an alignment. I'm still adjusting to the level of grip on turn in and I'm still not maximising the grip on offer. I hope that'll change in time.

            Meanwhile

            i spied the zestino gredge 07RS as a soft semi slick alternative at 643 quid for a set courtesy of demon tweeks. Anyone tried these?

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by khooni View Post
              so
              whilst i'm enjoying the 18" square setup, i do have rubbing issues that would benefit from an alignment. I'm still adjusting to the level of grip on turn in and I'm still not maximising the grip on offer. I hope that'll change in time.

              Meanwhile

              i spied the zestino gredge 07RS as a soft semi slick alternative at 643 quid for a set courtesy of demon tweeks. Anyone tried these?
              Get the car set up properly, it will make a massive difference. Where are they rubbing?

              I have ran them, pretty decent grip for the money over a lap or two.

              2.09 lap at Snett on them.

              But I would pay more and go Dunlop 03G or Ar1/trofeo for the grip.

              Comment


                #22
                unfortunately tyre size not available with CSL wheels.

                yes am using AR-1 with the square 18 apex wheels

                Comment

                Working...
                X