Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie CSL owners?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Cheers

    Comment


      #17
      Your not going to get rid of the old girl are you.

      Comment


        #18
        No mate, I was thinking of sending over so I could use it over there. Not after reading PH’s . I thought it would be a few grand but not as much as they quoted. $16,500

        Comment


          #19
          Is that not a reasonable price then, for the distance and time it takes.

          Comment


            #20
            A bit steep when boats going there anyway :whistle:

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by s.mac View Post
              No mate, I was thinking of sending over so I could use it over there. Not after reading PH’s . I thought it would be a few grand but not as much as they quoted. $16,500
              If you are serious, I know someone in the industry that could do a very god deal, he has arranged shipping of several cars out there for friends .

              Comment


                #22
                Cheers Mike, tongue in cheek about shipping it’s all the other costs that add up.

                Vehicle import application - $50.00
                Shipping cost (20ft container) - $3025.00
                Marine shipping insurance - $1892.00
                Australian Duty & Entry Fees - $6456.41
                Port & Statutory Charges - $489.50
                Transport of container (Warf to Depot) - $429.00
                Depot Charges (Unpack Container) - $407.00
                Australian Quarantine Inspection Services - $193.00
                Customs and AQUIS formalities re Motor Vehicle - $412.50
                Valuation of Vehicle - $605.00
                Transport by tilt tray (Warf to mechanic) - $132.00
                Admin Costs at Mechanic & Secure storage - $176.00
                Blue slip for imported vehicle - $113.50
                Personal Import Plate - $154.00
                Visual inspection unit (VIU) at RTA - $187.00
                Registration Fee - $51.00
                Motor Vehicle Tax - $166.00
                Stamp Duty (on a Value of $42,000) - $1260.00
                Compulsory Third party insurance - $326.00

                Grand total (Car is now on the road!) - $16,524.91
                That’s based on a Lotus Elise 111R

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by s.mac View Post
                  Cheers Mike, tongue in cheek about shipping it’s all the other costs that add up.



                  That’s based on a Lotus Elise 111R
                  But are you wanting to leave it there, or just take it with you for a holiday i.e. <12 months, then ship it out?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    My son lives there so I would want to leave it there.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by s.mac View Post
                      My son lives there so I would want to leave it there.
                      Well there is no cheap option then. But a word of warning, they changed the rules a few years ago for a personal import where you have to prove that you are coming here to live with a personal import, people where bring in cars and then leaving again.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I plan to join the club as soon as my ride is shipped from Canada. On a related note, W2C has good rates for automobile shipping.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X