• Show
Clear All

I love it
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Cos270 View Post

Is the clutch pedal bushing connected to the brake light error?
      No, they are 2 separate issues. The brake light error is the brake light circuit switch which sits below the brake pedal. Similar spot to where the clutch bushings are if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

A 73k garage 👑

Click image for larger version  Name:	26516616711_728cdc94f5_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.2 KB ID:	3964 Click image for larger version  Name:	26582514235_7765ec3062_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.9 KB ID:	3962 Click image for larger version  Name:	26489755222_70be961ee0_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	227.1 KB ID:	3963
        Last edited by suprtran; 03-30-2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

That car is the famous google "estoril blue e36 m3" car! Sweet

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
          2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MF1A7944.JPG
Views:	815
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	4551
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post

Thank you sir.

Well I think I have reached the point where I do have every single option available. At least the electric/electronic stuff. And a few options never offered on the E36, like multifunction steering wheel. Oh and padde shifters
              How did you get the multi-function steering wheel to work? It can control the radio volume?

Comment

Originally posted by I M Legend View Post

How did you get the multi-function steering wheel to work? It can control the radio volume?
                With an ibus supported radio. C43 and BE2455 (BMW Professional RDS) for example. The latter was never offered in the US.

It controls everything. Volume and station change.

The PFL E38/E39 slipring is the same as the later style E36 slipring, except it as more wire for the MFL controls. For the radio to work, it's just one wirem the ibus wire. And the E36's Harman/Kardon main wiring loom already has the ibus wire fitted. So all you have to do is fit a single, short piece of wire from the slipring, to the H/K ibus connector, aprox 20cm apart.

P.S. all buttons work, so radio, cruise control and phone. Cruise control works even better than te stock system. The E46/E38/E39 module that you need to support the MFL, has better logic. Funny thing (marvelous) is that while this module was never used for the E36, when you code the module, it has all the E36 motor variants in it. Even the E36 M3 SMG gearbox variant. After fitting evrything and coding the module, wow, cruise control engagement is smoother than my E39 530's. And this all with 100% BMW parts and zero cutting/splicing in original wiring.
                Plus you can now have a cruis stanby/on light, since the module has a pinout for this.

And in my case, I am using the E38 heated steering wheel slipring, as this gives me two additional contacts, that I used for my pedal shifter mod. Making me the first to have an E36 with both MFL and paddle shiters.

What's pretty cool, is that when the CD43 is used, and since this understands ibus messages and the phone as well, how big was the surprise that the CD43 can display the SIMcard's phone book.
                With the MFL you can browse through the phonebook and mak/end calls. Basically the same as what it does in the E38/E39, which makes sense as that is what your retrofit.

'98 BMW M3 3.2 SMG Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung
                IG:
                https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

Comment

Originally posted by suprtran View Post
                  A 73k garage 👑
                  Click image for larger version Name:	26489755222_70be961ee0_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	227.1 KB ID:	3963
                  Oh lawd

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Name:	e36 m3.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	5700

Comment

What's up everyone! Joined the other Mforum reboot first but why not play on both. I'm Charlie - a longtime lurker of the past forums, living in San Francisco. I became the new caretaker of hallowed M3forum member Jim/Propchef's '98 M3/4/5 in Estoril Blue over Dove on 3/7 (missed our special day by that much!), right before the old forum passed on. Every time I drive the car I'm blown away both by how much fun it is and by how tight the car feels. I'm just under 142k now - excited to be more active here and keep racking up the miles!Click image for larger version  Name:	Cloverdale Bridge E36 M3.squarecrop.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.6 KB ID:	6128Click image for larger version  Name:	E36 M3 garage .jpeg Views:	0 Size:	113.3 KB ID:	6129

Comment

Name:	6A6AB75D-D699-42D1-A7F0-60F075BE363F.jpeg
Views:	1038
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	6555 Click image for larger version

Name:	2FA42AE5-8B04-467F-AE87-3843F4792294.jpeg
Views:	1018
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	6556 For now.

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	6914 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	6915
                          Last edited by ReturnToS54; 04-05-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReturnToS54 View Post

Name:	
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	6914 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	6915
                            Boy, this is about as perfect as they come. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by lcrain View Post

Boy, this is about as perfect as they come. Thank you for sharing!
                              Thank you for the kind words.

Comment

Hello! This is my Euro Techno Evo. Nowhere near as nice as whats been posted in here, but it gives me a lot to do!

And alongside my Fathers Japan Red E92 M3 Competition

Last edited by MattDearPhoto; 04-06-2020, 10:41 AM.

Euro Techno Violet E36 M3 Project

Comment

Working...
                                X