No announcement yet.

Let’s see your E36 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVTRON, I don't have to post a picture of my M3 as it is a twin to yours. Yours is cleaner! I see Texas plate. I bought mine at a place where cars go to die on North Shepherd in Houston.
    Mine is auto, I figure owned by a mother carting her kids around. Rear seat was badly ripped and I found crayons. Usually no one ever rides in the back. I actually bought another 97 E36 at the same place. The owner knows me now. Daughter lives in Houston. It is a twin to my M3 but as a 318i which is now LS powered. I found a picture of both of them.

Comment

My 98' Alpine on Magma oem+++

OEM NUT
      IG:@stockxgarage

Comment

Originally posted by BillsBlackM3 View Post

Always amazing pics Nate!
        Thanks!

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post

You're driving and flying a drone at the same time on a curvy road? What drone btw? I work as a cinematographer and I can't imagine doing all of that and pulling off any usable shots haha!
        Haha welllll first off it's just a Phantom 4 Pro. So it's a one man job to fly and shoot to begin with. Second, for a nice car to car (or drone to car as it were) still, you don't need to be going very fast. You need to match your speed and trajectory and use a long shutter to get the motion blur. Similar principle to a rigged still, long shutter speed, very slow moving vehicle to minimize camera shake. So it sounds easy. But I shot for like an hour and I got 3 that worked. The DJI follow modes sound good on paper but they are really unreliable. I look forward to getting to try this technique on a real shoot sometime, and with a proper team and gear.

What kind of stuff do you shoot?
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Thanks!

Haha welllll first off it's just a Phantom 4 Pro. So it's a one man job to fly and shoot to begin with. Second, for a nice car to car (or drone to car as it were) still, you don't need to be going very fast. You need to match your speed and trajectory and use a long shutter to get the motion blur. Similar principle to a rigged still, long shutter speed, very slow moving vehicle to minimize camera shake. So it sounds easy. But I shot for like an hour and I got 3 that worked. The DJI follow modes sound good on paper but they are really unreliable. I look forward to getting to try this technique on a real shoot sometime, and with a proper team and gear.

What kind of stuff do you shoot?
          Haha, that's awesome. I suppose every aerial to car we've ever done was with proper crew, freefly Altas etc, so I've never imagined trying to do it solo, but you're right, in practice, it seems simple ha.

Mostly commercial for TV/Web. A lot of automotive stuff, various spots for brands. Most of it is thru agencies who are looking for local crew in the various cities. It's awesome, as I'm sure you know, when we're actually working, lol!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
          2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
            Haha, that's awesome. I suppose every aerial to car we've ever done was with proper crew, freefly Altas etc, so I've never imagined trying to do it solo, but you're right, in practice, it seems simple ha.

Mostly commercial for TV/Web. A lot of automotive stuff, various spots for brands. Most of it is thru agencies who are looking for local crew in the various cities. It's awesome, as I'm sure you know, when we're actually working, lol!
            Awesome man, yea I feel your pain. We have all been pretty much stuck for a while, looks like everyone is scratching their heads trying to figure out how to get back to shooting again. I have seen a lot of the same arguments on a production Facebook group I lurk on. It seems like a LOT of people are unwilling to accept any risk, and unfortunately that's just not gonna be an attitude that works any longer. You wanna work, you'll have to take some amount of risk, end of story. That goes for client and agency even more so than crew. The insurance thing is interesting too, because my insurance has never covered anything relating to illness or infectious disease, but now all of a sudden everyone is up in arms about that...? As if it used to be a thing and was taken away or something? Maybe there's more to it that I'm missing, but for us, that is no different now than it ever was. I've gone over it at length with my insurance agent and yea, business as usual. Anyhow. Large crews present some real challenges. I am very curious to see how "Hollywood" manages to handle this. People are gonna have to learn to adapt and accept some risk that didn't exist before. I'm just glad my stills crews are small by nature and I don't work with any union guys lol.
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	27718
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mrbeverlyhills; 05-23-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Love me some daytona🤤

OEM NUT
                IG:@stockxgarage

Comment

Originally posted by mrbeverlyhills View Post

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	27718
                  Love techno.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raym3 View Post

Love techno.
                      Daytona. It is a 95

Comment

Out of paint, cleared... fresh Estoril

Comment

Back home, look at the those fenders and stance

Comment

^ that looks amazing, cant wait to see it all back together.

Comment

Good to see this forum. I am relatively new to the M3 scene, and referenced M3Forums a lot in learning about the E36s. Here is my 1998 Alpine White M3/4/5 with Modena interior.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6192.JPG Views:	0 Size:	199.1 KB ID:	42688
                              Last edited by ttcheung97; 07-13-2020, 02:45 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

'98 Cosmosschwarz

Name:	M3_Facebook_Pic.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	47146
                                Last edited by E36S52; 07-31-2020, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X