Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: E36 M3 Street/Track KW V3 and FCAB Help Needed

Hello,

Fairly new here! Not my first M3, but the first that I am trying to set up for some track day events (<10/year), and hoping to learn along the way.

I have a 1997 E36 M3 that I bought with BC coilovers and offset fcabs, but the caster causes the front wheels to sit too far forward. I have read that offset bushings are needed when lowering the car to correct caster.
    I just picked up a lightly used set of KW V3 coilovers for it which came with ground control camber plates, but no caster adjustment. Ultimately, the ride height will be .5-1.0" lower than stock. I am thinking to go back to a centered fcab, likely powerflex or similar.

Does anyone have any experience they'd share with this set up, or suggestions for other fcab? I am open to adjustable or similar, but mainly looking for best bang for the buck.

Additionally, does anyone have any insight with setting up their V3 compression and rebound for similar use?

I haven’t played with the settings on my V3s yet but I’d recommend the turner monoball FCABs over poly. My car came with AKG RTAB and FCAB. Switching to SDW RTAB and turner FCAB made the car ride better. Wouldn’t be surprised if the monoballs also perform better than poly but I can only talk about the perceived improvement in ride/handling. Good luck with the setup. The V3s are a night and day improvement over BCs.

Comment

Working...
    X