Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering linkage U-Joint alternatives

Hey all new member here,

as e34 solid coupling u-joints for the steering linkage are no longer available online (without an egregious price) are there any recommendations for alternatives?

I know Condor has a billet shaft conversion. Any other options, possibly OEM+?

thanks in advance

Also this is off topic, but Im looking to rebuild my zhp rack on top of getting a new u-joint. I know there’s a member here who has been posting a service for this (main reason I joined). Anyone know how I could get in contact with him outside of waiting 30 days and 10 posts on the forum?

Comment

As to the rack rebuild, I don’t know if tagging &davidinnyc works on this forum. Let’s see.
      I have read of the e36 people using the 5 series (e39?) links. Not sure if they are what you need, but they are all metal.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerSax View Post
        As to the rack rebuild, I don’t know if tagging &davidinnyc works on this forum. Let’s see.
        I have read of the e36 people using the 5 series (e39?) links. Not sure if they are what you need, but they are all metal.
        it’s just the e34 coupler part no. 32311151454
        the e39 ones have a rubber guibo like the e36.
        right now it seems I might have to spring for a full linkage set up, I’ve yet to find someone who has some of those u-joints to sell.

davidinnyc hopefully this works haha, I’d love (and I’m ready) to send my rack out for a rebuild

Comment

Looking at the current prices for the E34 u-joint I am glad I bought mine when I did. If you’re looking for a slightly cheaper alternative you could try the LSPR steering shaft. I had their steering shaft in my E46 and thought it was a nice upgrade. No fitment issues and seemed to be a quality piece. Bry5on has the E46 version installed on his touring and may be willing to chime in here.

Comment

Yep it’s great. Sharper and finer steering feedback, nothing weird or odd other than having to trim or re-clock the plastic alignment fin on the rack splines which doesn’t affect function. Definitely recommend
            ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Working...
            X