Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Not Blowing Air. FSU? Blower?

Hey all,

Trying to diagnose the AC problem my E36 just decided to create for itself on the hottest day in June in Florida....

My AC won't blow any air no matter what the setting is set to on the control. Min, max, or anywhere betweeen, theres zero air flow. I don't hear any funky noises, so my thinking is that the blower motor should be fine?

I checked the fuse, it is also fine.

My next area to replace is the final stage unit, but does anyone have any other ideas before I get back to work on the car so I can look for other possible causes of this? Have been reading that some replace the FSU and still no avail, so just trying to open as many options as I can as far as diagnosis, and also adding this thread for archival and documenting this for future people to find.

Parked the car about 2 weeks ago, AC was working fine. Car doesn't get driven much, and has probably been sitting more than it should be.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

The non responsive behavior of the hvac controls suggests that the FSU is awol.
    my car exhibited these symptoms, plus heavy cloud of vapor oozing out of the center vents.
    It been about 8 years since this issue cropped up, so I'm a little hazy about it.

Comment

Update? My car has this issue off and on. I have been far too lazy to address it.
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
      X