Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bimmerworld Solid Motor Mounts + Rogue Transmission Mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bimmerworld Solid Motor Mounts + Rogue Transmission Mounts?

Anyone here running this setup? I have a few questions regarding NVH. There seems to be a wide range of experiences... with some reporting very little increase in NVH over oem and others saying it was unbearable for a street-driven car. My E36 is not a daily (more of a weekend/spirited driving car that would potentially see a couple track days a year at most). How are the vibrations at idle? I know most people recommend fresh OEM motor/transmission mounts for a car that is street-driven but I am interested in the RTD/garagistic solid-mounted shifter. I was wondering if that motor/trans mount combination would suffice. I've also talked with bimmerworld reps and local shops and have gotten different answers so I thought I'd ask you guys for some anecdotal experience 😁. Local shops have said 80a motor/trans would be acceptable in a street-driven car and bimmerworld told me their mounts + rogue trans mounts would work as well.

You're going to get the same outcome here, different answers. Everyone has their own perceptions and preferences. Personally, I will never put solid motor mounts in a car again. There's hardly any potential upside to solid mounts for a weekend car in exchange for the obvious downsides. I'd do the Bimmerworld Group N or OEM mounts in my personal car. I have the Rogue trans mounts with metal enforcer cups, there's a slight amount of added vibration but it's difficult to isolate based on the other modifications made to my car.
    Past: '99 Hellrot/Dove M3 | '97 S14 1JZ | '06 Triumph Daytona 675 | '01 330I M-Tech I '99 Silvia S15 | Current: '96 Estoril/Black M3

Instagram

Comment

Working...
    X