Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State side euro M3 owners

Hey all,

I’ve come across on what I believe would be a fun example to collect, and before I throw away some change, I’d like to know what some of you have encountered maintenance wise with them.

I reside in a pro-freedom state, so registration and smog isn’t a concern, more what parts go wrong with the s50b30’s and how hard is it to source parrs

B30 euros are pretty solid, only things that youll want to look at is anything plastic
    - perished seals (vanos kit from beisan otherwise OE for rest),
    - sensors are pretty solid, seals may be perished however
    - fuel pressure regs can be on the expensive side (can internally perforate)
    - all hoses (esp the vac hoses under itbs that go from #3/#6 to SAP actuator valve and the bastard SAP valve and hoses on fwd exh side)
    thats about it, rest is usual e36 stuff.

Ive refurbed a few guys 3.0l (rhd here but same same) and everything was available through schmiedmann

One word of warning, if/when you decide to do the oil pressure control valve mod (in head intake side) be careful on orientation as if not right itll kill the top end, 100% installer error. If youre not tracking it, honestly dont bother, as guys tend to crack the ceramic itb spacers between the head and the dellortos when pulling them apart

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Late to the party but is there a big $ premium for a euro motor E36M3?

Comment

Working...
      X