Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safelite Replacement Windshield Options: Solar or Solar Coated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safelite Replacement Windshield Options: Solar or Solar Coated?

About to replace my cracked windshield and decided to go with Safelite since insurance deductible is $500 and they only cover up to $589 so Safelite seems to fit the bill for going out of pocket here in Socal.

Safelite's website seems to give 3 options for the E9X replacement windshield:

1) w/o rain sensor
    2) w/ rain sensor and solar
    3) w/ rain sensor and solar coated

My car has the rain sensor so it's down to options 2 and 3 with 3 being the more expensive option but I wanted to know if anyone has recently had to make this decision and which they ended up going with, also what was their rationale.

From the intel I've gathered, the "solar coated" would be something along the lines of the equivalent to BMW "climate comfort" glass but I've read that this type of windshield can interfere with rearview mirror mounted(e.g. Blend Mount) radar detectors, any truth to this and would this be the reason to go with Safelite's "solar" option instead of their "solar coated"?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Safelite Windshield Options.jpg Views:	10 Size:	66.6 KB ID:	123727
    Last edited by E46_M3_ZCP; 11-24-2021, 09:46 AM.
Working...
X