Views:	362
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	245404
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	Worklunche90e88 (2).jpg Views:	40 Size:	134.6 KB ID:	245404
      Gorgeous T. Wish I can get a DCT E90 M3 soon especially in a shit color condition so I can strip and repaint it a Porsche Violet color LOL.

Actually would love a Lemans Blue or Interlagos Blue E90 M3.

Comment

E90 is looking super nice and classy Tyler!

IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
        A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
        Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
        Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
        Touring S62 6MT
        Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

I picked up a double hump/moonroof/slushbox last year to keep the miles off my E46 😂 love it.
          Attached Files

A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
          Touring S62 6MT

Comment

Congrats Kevin!

DCT ain't no slush!

Originally posted by kaiv View Post
            E90 is looking super nice and classy Tyler!

Thanks!
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post
              I picked up a double hump/moonroof/slushbox last year to keep the miles off my E46 😂 love it.
              Please post a review at some point! Would love to hear your thoughts – good, bad, and other.
              2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
              Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
              Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Worklunche90e88 (2).jpg
Views:	362
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	245404
                Oof....

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
                  Please post a review at some point! Would love to hear your thoughts – good, bad, and other.
                  Sure! This is actually my 4th E9X M but first one with DCT. And moonroof.. which I use daily, might as well since it's there lol.
                  My last one had just 7k miles when I got it back in 2015. This one on the other hand just hit 100k so it needs a lot more TLC. I'm still in the process of refreshing it, upgrading a few things and making it my own but it's been great so far.

I've always enjoyed the E9x M but what pushed me back into one is a combination of things. The S65 of course which is one of all the time NA greats.The telepathic throttle response and the superb chassis balance and adjustability. I don't track much at all these days but I still drive the same playful way and like to hang the ass out when possible or dive into a ramp at slightly elevated speed and then let the car rotate and slide through it (I hate understeer with a passion, enjoy oversteer bias). I find the E9X M is very hard to beat in terms of balance, control and adjustability. It's playful, never scary and supremely adjustable. Seriously, I have yet to drive a car that's better or easier in that regard. Cherry on top, even stock the front end bites and turns in great IMHO (at "street friendly" speeds anyways).

On top of that I enjoy the comfort and practicality. I did not consider a coupe this time around and this sedan has the optional folding rear seats. I've thought about building an E91 but I don't need much more than that (btw this car has the individual audio, also great!). TBD but I think it might replace my E39 M5 Touring which I also love for other reasons but it's just too damn large and heavy. I used to feel that way about the E9X M but I guess that's changed as I've gotten older. I wouldn't be the first to say the E90 M3 is the best M5 ever.

FWIW I also had a DCT ZCP F80 for a year. Fantastic chassis, handling, the engine is an industrial power house, better MPG, an objectively a better car overall. But I just couldn't fall in love. Even with an equal length midpipe the sound was never great, and the throttle response (and thus adjutability) cannot compare with NA. Outright speed and capability was off the charts good and the way it covered ground on my favorite back roads had me very impressed. I tried to love it but at the end of the day none of that mattered, it just didn't t tickle the senses and made me smile.

Maybe a funny tidbit: I've had a complete 6MT swap on the shelf at the shop before one was even on my radar. But so far I have not felt the need or desire to do it (just a few months in). That might change in the future, IDK. I do think the DCT removes a layer of "control" but it's still very good for what it is. It has enough settings to find your sweet spot. I've flashed the CRT software. I drive it in S3 the most. S4 DSC OFF is what I have programmed with the M button for when I want rev matched downshifts and no interventions. I don't care for the shove or torque surge on upshifts in the S5 and above settings.

I'll also add that sometime last year I drove my 6MT "M3" ZHP sedan back to back with a mint low-mile stock E90 M3 sedan. I came out feeling overwhelmingly favorable towards the E46. It was just so much more fun and engaging. But that wasn't a fair comparison. Modded vs stock. And that E90 had a not so good feeling 6MT. Most are nice and smooth as you'd expect a ZF to be but for some reason it seems there are a few out there that just shift poorly. I had gotten feedback in the past about how the 6MT E9X M feels shitty and never understood until then. Still, if I were to compare stock cars, the E46 M3 is the only one I love dearly stock and fresh. The E9X M needs a few mods IMHO. It's not a replacement to the E46 but a great complement!

Well I guess that's enough rambling lol.
                  Last edited by kaiv; 02-12-2024, 07:07 PM.

Touring S62 6MT

Comment

Getting anxious waiting for the autox season to start with the unseasonally nice weather we're having, so here's one of my best runs from last year that I keep watching.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like atomichippo.

Comment

Anyone get a chance to go to Bimmer Invasion Orlando?

Comment

new wheels and suspension :0 Ohlins TTX and 18x10.5 sq e88s
                        Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post

new wheels and suspension :0 Ohlins TTX and 18x10.5 sq e88s
                          E88’s and GT4 lip 🤌🏻
                          Hey, is the E46 M3 in your profile pic the same one that was reviewed by Spencer Berke a few years back?

Comment

Originally posted by Notan_S54 View Post

E88’s and GT4 lip 🤌🏻
                            Hey, is the E46 M3 in your profile pic the same one that was reviewed by Spencer Berke a few years back?
                            Yes that's the car!

I even said in that video I wouldn't get an e92 lol and here I am!
                            Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Fresh wash

How do you guys attach pics in high res? I must be retarded.
                              Last edited by kaiv; 04-28-2024, 06:14 PM.

Touring S62 6MT

Comment

2008 looking to sell soon

Comment

Working...
                                X