Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea why I have a daytime running lamp FAULT, but all the lights are functioning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea why I have a daytime running lamp FAULT, but all the lights are functioning?

So, the Left daytime running/parking lamp fault came on, and is pesky...it reminds you very regularly while you are driving...but all lights are lit/working.

I do have sylvania H8 yellow bulbs installed, and they have been in for ~5years. Still look great

No recent changes, this fault just popped up "out of the blue".

Thoughts?

RESOLVED: The FRM Module had to be "reset", which is different than "clear fault"...but that had to be done as well.

I figured it out from various posts and videos across the years the referred to a "counter". I guess you have to replace the running lamp shortly after first warning, or the FRM will deem it a short and disable the circuit. And the reset of it is an option in the higher end diagnostics tools, but not that obvious...I pushed the tech to keep looking for that function

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatemj View Post
      RESOLVED: The FRM Module had to be "reset", which is different than "clear fault"...but that had to be done as well.

I figured it out from various posts and videos across the years the referred to a "counter". I guess you have to replace the running lamp shortly after first warning, or the FRM will deem it a short and disable the circuit. And the reset of it is an option in the higher end diagnostics tools, but not that obvious...I pushed the tech to keep looking for that function
      Nice find. Thanks for posting.
      2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
      Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
      Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Working...
      X