No announcement yet.

Dash Lights Up Like A Christmas-Tree, I-Drive Goes Out, Then Returns To Normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash Lights Up Like A Christmas-Tree, I-Drive Goes Out, Then Returns To Normal

I have a 2013 M3 DCT. When I'm driving, the radio will sometimes go out, I hear the BMW chime then every single warning light comes on the dash. Abs, traction control, check engine, air bag, and a few other misc ones. The wipers come on and the redline raises to 6k. Then after a few minutes, everything goes off and it returns to normal. All the lights will go away except for the airbag light. The airbag light stays on until I turn the car off and turn it back on.

I scanned the codes for this car and this is what came up.

Any ideas on where to start?

Pictures won't orientate properly for some reason, sorry
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wrongturn; 12-11-2022, 01:28 PM.

Check battery and alternator?
    2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
    Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
    Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
      Check battery and alternator?
      I pulled over and checked it when the issue was happening. 14 volts at the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by wrongturn View Post
        I pulled over and checked it when the issue was happening. 14 volts at the battery.
        Could be a momentary hiccup. Did you make sure all the terminals and grounds are clean and secure?
        2008 M3 Sedan 6MT

2012 Mazda5 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
          Could be a momentary hiccup. Did you make sure all the terminals and grounds are clean and secure?
          Terminals are fine. I swapped a battery in from my from my friends e92 just to make sure it wasn't my battery failing and the same issue persists.

I'll be driving around normally and the car will go into limp mode. Spedometer cuts out, steering feels goes light, wipers come on and idrive turns off. Theres so many codes that i don't know where to even start. It's like the car isn't getting enough power despite the alternator outputting 14v.

I might just replace the power distribution box for the hell of it. I wish i can figure out this issue. I had to pull my wiper fuse since it's been happening extremely frequently while driving

Comment

That sucks. Wish I had more ideas for you. Sounds like a difficult and annoying issue. The flip side is, you'll feel awesome when you figure it out. Good hunting, and please keep us posted.
            2008 M3 Sedan 6MT

2012 Mazda5 6MT

Comment

Working...
            X