Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobil 1 milking E9x M3 content when they don't make anything for the car

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Mobil 1 milking E9x M3 content when they don't make anything for the car



    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2025-04-09 at 6.05.20 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	204.3 KB ID:	301005


    Found that amusing.
    2008 E90 M3 6MT
    Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions

    2011 E90 328i 6MT
    RWD, slicktop, no iDrive

    #2
    It is indeed amusing that they don't, but wouldn't MOBIL 1 C40 GT 0W-40 be a suitable option? It is used in all the current GT products - https://www.mobil.com/en-il/passenge...1-c40-gt-0w-40

    Having used their 0W-40 on another car that had factory recommended 10k service intervals, it didn't seem to stain the engine internals like Castrol TWS
    ​
    Last edited by Slideways; 04-09-2025, 06:32 AM.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      It is indeed amusing that they don't, but wouldn't MOBIL 1 C40 GT 0W-40 be a suitable option? It is used on all the current GT products - https://www.mobil.com/en-il/passenge...1-c40-gt-0w-40

      Having used their 0W-40 on another car that had factory recommended 10k service intervals, it didn't seem to stain the engine internals like Castrol TWS
      ​
      I'm sure they make multiple products that'd work, C40 GT 0W-40 among them (at least for street use). They're probably very conservative with their product recommendations. If I were in their shoes, I certainly wouldn't want to recommend an xW-40 for an application for which the factory insists on 10W-60, regardless of how well I think it'd work.
      Last edited by IamFODI; 04-09-2025, 06:33 AM.
      2008 E90 M3 6MT
      Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions

      2011 E90 328i 6MT
      RWD, slicktop, no iDrive

      Comment


        #4
        I ran M1 0W40 for roughly 30k miles until I did my rod bearings at 60k. Been running Motul 5w50 since (~2k miles). PreLCI bearings that came out looked decent compared to many seen for the mileage, just a sliver of copper showing on #8's top. I have an e90 I picked up recently that is about to roll 100k, preLCI, 10w60, it's whole life, I'm interested to see how they look. Will pull them soon.

        Comment

        Working...
        X