Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slonik CF roof on E90 M3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bigjae46
    replied
    Originally posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

    You have the best thing ever, a MCB sedan! So jealous!!
    I know…got so lucky with that one.

    Still have it…10+ years later!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • SYT_Shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by lastMleft View Post

    I see how this would happen lol...lol...if I could find a 2011 e90 competition I would buy it in a heart beat, I think there were only 1,200 produced so hard to find....seems like the e90x prices are super high now not sure if it’s because of the over all used car market or something else, but I haven’t been able to find a descent one for under 35.
    So few E90s were built that those prices aren't ever coming down. Covid car prices are a real thing, but E90 pricing is based on good fundamentals

    Leave a comment:


  • SYT_Shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

    I love the sedan. I've tripped over curbs and almost walked into things walking away from my car.
    You have the best thing ever, a MCB sedan! So jealous!!

    Leave a comment:


  • bigjae46
    replied
    Originally posted by lastMleft View Post

    I see how this would happen lol...lol...if I could find a 2011 e90 competition I would buy it in a heart beat, I think there were only 1,200 produced so hard to find....seems like the e90x prices are super high now not sure if it’s because of the over all used car market or something else, but I haven’t been able to find a descent one for under 35.
    Prices have always been high for E90 M3s. Never really dipped below $20k.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • lastMleft
    replied
    Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

    Ha! I've certainly done this exact same thing. It interrupts something in you brain and you end up playing the mind game as you walk farther away from the car... "Did I lock it? I think I did. No, I don't think I did." ...only to walk back to find the car is locked. Repeat.
    I see how this would happen lol...lol...if I could find a 2011 e90 competition I would buy it in a heart beat, I think there were only 1,200 produced so hard to find....seems like the e90x prices are super high now not sure if it’s because of the over all used car market or something else, but I haven’t been able to find a descent one for under 35.

    Leave a comment:


  • Casa de Mesa
    replied
    Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
    I love the sedan. I've tripped over curbs and almost walked into things walking away from my car.
    Ha! I've certainly done this exact same thing. It interrupts something in you brain and you end up playing the mind game as you walk farther away from the car... "Did I lock it? I think I did. No, I don't think I did." ...only to walk back to find the car is locked. Repeat.

    Leave a comment:


  • bigjae46
    replied
    Originally posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
    I can't say I notice a difference, other than the awesomeness of walking up to the car every time I use it.
    I love the sedan. I've tripped over curbs and almost walked into things walking away from my car.

    Leave a comment:


  • SYT_Shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by lastMleft View Post

    I think the e90 looks so much better than the e92 it seems wider and more aggressive which is odd because sedans are usually less sporty looking, anyways love the roof do you notice a difference?
    I can't say I notice a difference, other than the awesomeness of walking up to the car every time I use it.

    E90 is becoming a street car in 2022 but I would absolutely do it again. The install is oem-like and the Slonik roof is perfect. Aesthetically I prefer it to my E92's oem cf roof

    Leave a comment:


  • lastMleft
    replied
    Originally posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

    It was like a windshield. The weighing was only for the side rails which are springy and have to be glued down
    I think the e90 looks so much better than the e92 it seems wider and more aggressive which is odd because sedans are usually less sporty looking, anyways love the roof do you notice a difference?

    Leave a comment:


  • Casa de Mesa
    replied
    Originally posted by robgill View Post

    Also very interested in your experience with Slonik. Considering their roof/hood/fenders for my track car. Looking forward to a build thread 👍.
    You got it Rob. I will provide details for sure, imagine that the full experience will be like I stated above - a total pleasure. He's been super communicative, extremely forthcoming with details, and helped guide me down the right path. Payment was easy (PayPal) and he confirmed they are working on the order via a PM here as soon as he got the funds. Sending a lot of money overseas, halfway around the world can be daunting. Not the case here up to this point.

    Will post my impressions once I receive the parts in a dedicated thread, feel like I've already blabbered in the OPs post too much, but cannot say enough goods things about Slonik thus far!

    Leave a comment:


  • robgill
    replied
    Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

    Will do! I'm assembling parts and pieces for a big transformation of the car. Will post more in another thread so as not to take away from this one.

    But the carbon bar is about 1/4 the weight of the steel piece. Really excited to get Sloniks carbon fiber components and start the install!! I know it may take some time to arrive, will need to exercise patience...
    Also very interested in your experience with Slonik. Considering their roof/hood/fenders for my track car. Looking forward to a build thread 👍.

    Leave a comment:


  • Casa de Mesa
    replied
    Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

    Please document the install! Super interested in the cf roof bow part of it.
    Will do! I'm assembling parts and pieces for a big transformation of the car. Will post more in another thread so as not to take away from this one.

    But the carbon bar is about 1/4 the weight of the steel piece. Really excited to get Sloniks carbon fiber components and start the install!! I know it may take some time to arrive, will need to exercise patience...
    Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 11-19-2021, 05:39 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • heinzboehmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
    Also picked up one of Slon-Workshop's carbon fiber roof bows. Can't flipping wait!
    Please document the install! Super interested in the cf roof bow part of it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Casa de Mesa
    replied
    Ordered one of these roofs in this exact weave today. Super stoked. 🤘🤙

    Also picked up one of Slon-Workshop's carbon fiber roof bows. Can't flipping wait!

    Slonik has been an absolute pleasure to deal with. He's one chill dude making some incredible products!

    Leave a comment:


  • Casa de Mesa
    replied
    Originally posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

    Yup, used silicone/caulk on the roof bow
    Appreciate it!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X