Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read/write Kess v2 MSS60 M3 E92 2008

Hello companions.

I have come to make a query for those who use kess v2 clone to read and write. I did a full bank R reading and another full bank L reading (4 hour read..). I see there are small changes between the 2 readings. As I have been able to read above. Now I have to do bank R full write and L bank full write to unlock RSA ?? after that you can only do partial reading of both banks and load partial reading to both banks ???

I know it's safer with a bimmergeeks cable. But already having a kess that can be worth me. I see no need to buy another.

Thank you so much!!
    Last edited by Tatsumaki; 10-20-2021, 02:15 AM.

Use the Kess V2, read / write either side, it doesn't actually matter in my experience. Both L and R sides produce a full 5.25MB read anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
      Use the Kess V2, read / write either side, it doesn't actually matter in my experience. Both L and R sides produce a full 5.25MB read anyway.
      I get it. then the way to proceed would be:

1- read bank R for example, full reading.
      2- write full read to same bank for kess v2 to apply RSA path
      3- make partial reading of the same bank
      4- modify it and write that partial reading

I am afraid to leave the ecu locked. that's why I ask everything clearly. Thank you

Comment

No you do a full read (fullbinary) with a Good KESS Clone, then you modify your file, and you flash it, no need for ByPass, the KESS will do it for you

Comment

Originally posted by MSSAddict View Post
          No you do a full read (fullbinary) with a Good KESS Clone, then you modify your file, and you flash it, no need for ByPass, the KESS will do it for you

In the end I did a full stock reading (2 hours). As soon as I read it, I went to record it (10 minutes). The car started without problems.

Then I did a partial reading (5 minutes). And in that partial reading I already made the modifications and went to write them (2 minutes). Everything ok. I only need to do partials. I noticed that when writing the full reading. Kess did several processes for the RSA firm.

Thanks!!!

Comment

👍 ok ✅

Comment

I have a problem with KEssV2 if the latest software / program stand is updated to the ECU. It doesn't seem to bypass it correctly. Anyone got equal experience? I always end in checksumm error

Comment

Running terras tool... working perfect. Tested now ~60 mss60 / mss65 ecus.

Comment

Working...
                X