Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSS60 (e9x) M3 - Injectors Change or E85 Tune Help/Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSS60 (e9x) M3 - Injectors Change or E85 Tune Help/Advice?

Hello,

I have an e93 M3 manual I bought as a project car, and I am working through creating a decent map-pack for the KESS full read files.

I was curious if anyone has any experience with changing the injector sizing on one of these cars/ecu's, or potentially switching to E85 fuel. If so, could you possibly provide a little summary of your experience?

I see the ecu has defined maps for items such as fuel density (K_TI_PHI_ENDE_ROH_KST @ 0093C0) and even stoichiometric values of fuel (K_TI_GRUND_STOECH @ 0093B4) OEM values of 0.75 and 14.203 respectivly. Just curious if switching fuel type would be as simple as updating the stoichiometric value and then adjusting say cold start fueling/warmup to help with the E85 starting.

As for injector sizing, I see an overall "adaptation factor" (K_TI_GA @ 0093B2) with an OEM value of 1.0. Would injector sizing be changing this by the % change in flow rate from OEM injector to new? Similar to KRKATE on MED9.1 etc?

OEM read file below, please feel free to open it up and make any changes you have made in the past on this ECU for similar situations.

Thanks!

Sorry I can't help, but hope you figure it out.

Comment

Working...
    X