Forcing OBD Readiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forcing OBD Readiness

Anybody figure this out for MSS6X yet? I tried the same method that was used on MSS54 and it didn't work. I suppressed 104 DTCs and nothing. I came across an interesting page on inpa that showed completion condition counts vs conditions encountered counts that calculated to a ratio. From what I can tell, if the ratio is above 1 the monitor will set to ready
    Attached Files

As far as I could find there is no calibration switch to set it to ready (like Bosch ECUs).
    What you have shown in the picture is the RateBaseMonitor. It is more a theoretical amount of cycles that could be done and an actual amount of checks that have been performed.
    For me, it is quite hard to understand how the readiness is set to ready. At least error codes related to the readiness don't need to be set and i suspect for the catalyst and 02 readiness signals need to be evaluated during a "drive cycle".
    The rear 02 voltage signals probably need to be over ~0.6V to determine a "rich" / no oxygen/02 signal to make sure the catalyst is using all oxygen to convert the gasses.
    Is there a specific readiness failing? I'm willing to go a bit deeper in this and try to help you out.

Can you upload your partial tune?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomba View Post
      As far as I could find there is no calibration switch to set it to ready (like Bosch ECUs).
      What you have shown in the picture is the RateBaseMonitor. It is more a theoretical amount of cycles that could be done and an actual amount of checks that have been performed.
      For me, it is quite hard to understand how the readiness is set to ready. At least error codes related to the readiness don't need to be set and i suspect for the catalyst and 02 readiness signals need to be evaluated during a "drive cycle".
      The rear 02 voltage signals probably need to be over ~0.6V to determine a "rich" / no oxygen/02 signal to make sure the catalyst is using all oxygen to convert the gasses.
      Is there a specific readiness failing? I'm willing to go a bit deeper in this and try to help you out.

Can you upload your partial tune?
      hey i would like to join in on this thread... Im in the same place right now. im a novice at tunning, have flash tuned plenty of cars and friends bmws... want to get into custom tunning and got MSS60 QuickFlash as well as TunerPro... would like to set readiness on my cats since i have done a primary cat delete with the Macht Schniel test pipes on my car. Want to learn everything there is to know on the s65 tunning but one of my friends who tunes says i need an XDF files to access the car. Could you help me out? How can i access the variables and what should i change to have this happen. I am a computer science major and have done all the modifications to my cars over the years but want to get into tunning. Would be happy to talk on the phone as well. 770-880-8525, Thanks yall!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_E92 View Post

hey i would like to join in on this thread... Im in the same place right now. im a novice at tunning, have flash tuned plenty of cars and friends bmws... want to get into custom tunning and got MSS60 QuickFlash as well as TunerPro... would like to set readiness on my cats since i have done a primary cat delete with the Macht Schniel test pipes on my car. Want to learn everything there is to know on the s65 tunning but one of my friends who tunes says i need an XDF files to access the car. Could you help me out? How can i access the variables and what should i change to have this happen. I am a computer science major and have done all the modifications to my cars over the years but want to get into tunning. Would be happy to talk on the phone as well. 770-880-8525, Thanks yall!
        It may be easier to just use an O2 spacer to get the cat monitor to set. I've had luck using a straight one with the mini cat removed on my F30 340i. The monitor sets and it throws no codes.

Comment

Working...
        X