Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering angles and DSC settings

Hi,

here is the thing. I remember on the old forum we were discussing that if you swap the steering rack to ZCP/CSL/ZHP ideally you would want to do some adjustments in the ECU so your ABS/DSC/DTC would work properly not engaging where is should not.
    Here is my e9x related problem. I have a non-m e90 and I was able to pick up an m3 rack for a very good price and planing to install it. non-m rack is 16:1 and M is 12.5:1 (with M knuckle so don't know what it would be with non-m), so pretty huge difference. My question would be is it possible to read steering angles from M ECU and modify non-m accordingly? Or I am overthinking and it is not needed/ too complicated? Thanks!
    Last edited by IamFODI; 06-03-2020, 07:20 PM. Reason: Minor correction in thread title

Neat question. Free bump.
    2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
    Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
    Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

I don't know if you solved your own question or not but I have an E90 M3 I can take some dumps from. Last I remembered I know the FRM has adjustment values for the adaptive headlights in conjunction with steering angle. I can't remember if the Kombi and DSC modules had the same, but you could compare if you'd like

Comment

Thank you that would be interring to figure out. I did the swap and it looks like DCS is fine on on a street and back roads, but have not pushed it to far yet. As a side note M3 steering rack with no strvotronic assistance is the best thing I've done for the car.

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
          Thank you that would be interring to figure out. I did the swap and it looks like DCS is fine on on a street and back roads, but have not pushed it to far yet. As a side note M3 steering rack with no strvotronic assistance is the best thing I've done for the car.
          I'll get you some dumps tomorrow but did you have to cut off the notch to perform the swap? I heard people cut off the plastic alignment tab in order to put the steering intermediate shaft on

Comment

Not sure if you are still investigating this topic, but the steering angle sensor is directly behind the steering wheel and is absolute. The gearing to the rack shouldn't matter for the stability control as the DSC applies single brakes to help your car go to where you steer.

Comment

Working...
            X