DIY: E9X M3 GTS DCT Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: E9X M3 GTS DCT Flash

Thought someone may find this helpful if they are interested. Just did this on my E92.

****Reminder: You do this at your own risk. A failure to flash correctly may brick your DCT module and render your car inoperable. Make sure you have an appropriate cable to flash if you do proceed.****

1. Make sure your battery is good or you have a charger connected. Would recommend having a battery charger attached.
    2. Connect appropriate cable to obd port and computer.
    3. Load WinKFP software
    4. Press F1 for comfort mode
    5. Press F3 for update ZUSB
    6. Select ECU GS40
    7. Press F2 to select ZUSB
    8. Select ECU GS40. There will be ZB numbers to select from. Select 7845773.
    9. Select ok.
    10. You should see at the top the Assembly Identification number 7845773 now.
    11. Press F4 to enter your VIN.
    12. Select ok.
    13. Select Done F8.
    14. Press F3 for Program.
    15. Pop up window will give you the number of times left to flash ECU. Select ok.
    16. Wait until flashing reaches 100%. Pop up window will again appear giving you the number of times left to flash ECU. Select ok.
    17. Once flashing again reaches 100%, it should notify that programming is done. Select ok.

That should be it. I verified the update in INPA.

Thanks! Adding this to the DIY sticky.
    2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
    Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
    Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

That's awesome, thanks for posting!

Comment

I noticed my notes I have another ZUSB number: 7848442 as a newer one than the 773.

Comment

Originally posted by derbo View Post
          I noticed my notes I have another ZUSB number: 7848442 as a newer one than the 773.
          Thanks! I'll have to see if I have that one in my files.

Comment

I can change final drive ratio, default program mode, launch control rpm and adjust step, shift rpms, braking downshift conditions, cutoff rpms and many more. For reflash you need just working bmw tools and winkfpt.

also im running full gts flash on my 135 with standard gws lever.

pm me if you interested.

Comment

Does someone try to update his GS40 ? I have the 00gs40.ipo error in comfort mode. Like dpaul I don't think it exists (same thing for 00gs40.prg).

I also try in expert mode with the files loaded in WinKFP below (see picture) but I also have an error when I try to flash the prog.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by MpowerE36; 08-15-2022, 06:09 AM.
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Just to clarify on a 2012 UK car, do you need a DCAN cable flashed with edibiaslib for this to work? Does 7848442 require any additional coding after being flashed or is it good to go out of the box?

Comment

Working...
                X